New firmware

Reaction score
P3S about to be launched out the window.
Switched on the P3S for the first time for 3 days, and a firmware upgrade is required.
Downloaded via home wifi with no problem, but trying to update the controller and bird the upgrade reaches 40%, then the bird looses connection and starts beeping for over an hour.
Had to turn the lot off and tried several more times with the same result.
Finally dji go app shows firmware update failed. I restart all yet again, the firmware required banner has gone, go into camera view / settings and firmware shows up to date?.
Anybody else have problems like this?

My P3S bricked also when upgrading the firmware. Beeps (screams every second) now. Won't allow me to upgrade firmware now.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

what the hell is going on? I just tried to update my P3S and I'm getting the same beeps after update failed.... I'm pissed right now. I hope it's not bricked. I have updated successfully before with no problems..... anyone have an answer?????

what the hell is going on? I just tried to update my P3S and I'm getting the same beeps after update failed.... I'm pissed right now. I hope it's not bricked. I have updated successfully before with no problems..... anyone have an answer?????

I had a fly away today after just updating my firmware. I completely lost signal and app disconnected. Home point button was not visible on the left side of the app.

Last edited:
I had a fly away to

I had a fly away today after just updating my firmware. I completely lost signal and app disconnected. Home point button was not visible on the left side of the app.
Well thats not good...
So far I tried to update the Standard and the loud beeps finally stopped. It now says firmware is updated successfully.... now you got me worried about flying it...
Sorry to hear you had flyaway. Were you able to recover it? Remember the update optimizes compass accuracy. I would maybe do another calibration to compass.

Yeah I got it back safe. What can you do if signal is lost and app disconnects in mid flight? I didn't try connecting back to the phantom through Wi-Fi, I probably should've. One thing though, do you see a home point button icon to the left on DJI Go?

Yeah, if your firmware works, don't update.

P3S about to be launched out the window.
Switched on the P3S for the first time for 3 days, and a firmware upgrade is required.
Downloaded via home wifi with no problem, but trying to update the controller and bird the upgrade reaches 40%, then the bird looses connection and starts beeping for over an hour.
Had to turn the lot off and tried several more times with the same result.
Finally dji go app shows firmware update failed. I restart all yet again, the firmware required banner has gone, go into camera view / settings and firmware shows up to date?.
Anybody else have problems like this?
Mine does that, one time the banner is there, the next its gone, and it will show the banner on the go to camera screen, and then show the firmware up to date in the flight screen. It's weird, but I never update, I don't care how many times I see the banner.

Fired the P3S up this morning indoors, and all seems ok.
Bird took off ok and camera looks like its working.
No firmware update required showing.
I will try to take it outside later today.
So is it a firmware problem or a dji go app fault?
I have tried the update on a andriod 5 tablet, and a iphone both gave problems when updating, but both are now working ok.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just got back from a local field.
No problems with the P3S.
Video and rth all working ok.
Can stop worrying now.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Called DJI support for Phantom 3 Standard @ 1-818-235-0789 ... was told I had to return my aircraft for service as there was nothing I or they could do remotely. I was given a RMA and was promised a pre-paid shipping label within 48 hours.

I too haven't had any problems with my bird either. I reinstalled the firmware again and all is flying well so far... I did do another compass calibration though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
is this the same sound any of you got? i was getting it, connected with app, said firmware update available. Now it beeps still the same , repatedly fails the upgrade and controller wont even rebind anymore. I should have never upgraded to the 1.3.50. nothing but issues since then.

I had this as well. I just put it in a remote place and left. I came back an hour or so later and noise had stopped and upgrade was finished. Flies just fine.

Talked my buddy into buying standard, he has been flying every day from purchase.Did firmware update from the start ,all good. Thursday did another firmware update on everything,Checked toggles , Flew out in front of his house ,got up to 40 feet ,screen went blank ,fell like a rock,he throttled up ,and Bird started to go but was to late..Asphalt!!! IT IS ABOUT 3 weeks old ,any suggestions.From Amozon.

Talked my buddy into buying standard, he has been flying every day from purchase.Did firmware update from the start ,all good. Thursday did another firmware update on everything,Checked toggles , Flew out in front of his house ,got up to 40 feet ,screen went blank ,fell like a rock,he throttled up ,and Bird started to go but was to late..Asphalt!!! IT IS ABOUT 3 weeks old ,any suggestions.From Amozon.
Try Amazon for replacement or refund before the 30 days up. Otherwise he will have to go through the DJI steps, time and frustration, will they fix it under warranty, meaning was there product error or pilot error, etc.

I don't think you should go thru Amazon. It is DJI fault for the update. It worked well for 3 weeks prior. NOT Amazons fault. Deal with the manufacturer, don't be dishonest and return a used, broken drone.

A workaround for guys those failed to upgrade and bird kept on beeping.

I had same issue after a failed try of firmware uprade. Left alone my bird about an hour or more but no success. Then I tried to downgrade firmware through go app to 1.3.X(from available list) and it worked. Now it fly without any issue go app again asks for an update to 1.5.X but yet I am happy with 1.3.x will consider the upgrade later.

I don't think you should go thru Amazon. It is DJI fault for the update. It worked well for 3 weeks prior. NOT Amazons fault. Deal with the manufacturer, don't be dishonest and return a used, broken drone.
Squirrel it was my bird, so just to assist with anyone having similar issues. I updated equipment and got a good update. No failures there, then I took bird out sent it up and was flying fine everything worked until I lost signal. Screen went blank, no altitude nothing. Except bird began rth sequence which is fine by me right? Wrong. At 50 feet or so directly above home spot. Bird shuts down completely. And crashes. I tried to throttle up but nothing. So called Dji and they said send it in. Only thing I can think is posibly some of the firmware corrupted, good news is they sound like it was an issue they knew of and omare going to replace an parts, bad news is 5 week turnaround. Which sucks. By the way a lot of folks complain about customer support, Maybe I was lucky but the people I spoke with were great. I'll update after repairs.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers