New Firmware : Video and Photo Issues

Reaction score
I just updated my firmware - since then my video feed is very choppy and laggy. If I turn my drone in circles the video on my ipad or iphone has got a 2 second delay - and its not smooth. This was never the case before upgrading.

My video and photos are also very very dark - If i set the white balance to manual it looks good again -but auto is terrible now.

Has anyone else had these issues? What is the easiest way to downgrade firmware? What version of the firmware is best for range - I read that the last few firmware updates also effected the range people are getting,

Thanks

I am so angry with DJI with this last update. My video range went from 3000ft to about 300ft after the update. I have heard of no success in reversing this, if it happened to you. I read that some have sent their quad back to DJI, but that isn't right to have to do that. My best hope is that on the next update (ugh) it will correct the problem.

Sorry you had problems. I feel your pain....

Ok I noticed that after the firmware update my EV setting changed to -3. If I set this to a higher nr - like +1 or +3 the video and photos looks much better.

What must the EV setting be set to?

Here are examples of the two photos on the two different ev settings.

Attachments

• drone 2.png
    drone 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 458
  • drone 1.png
    drone 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 522
Ok I noticed that after the firmware update my EV setting changed to -3. If I set this to a higher nr - like +1 or +3 the video and photos looks much better.

What must the EV setting be set to?

Here are examples of the two photos on the two different ev settings.

What version of Litchi is it? Does Litchi allow you to change EV on P3S? I never got that option, althought I have the latest version.

Hi - Im not with my drone now - but I also have the latest version of Litchi and it does allow you to change the EV settings - I am just not sure what they are suppose to be. Currently I have mine set at +1

Im still waiting for someone to give me some advise on these settings

This is a copy and paste of what EV does...
"EV is basically an exposure meter/compensation tool. It tells you where you are, in terms of exposure, with the image coming in through the lens. You can scroll this setting back and forth to adjust your exposure in auto mode. In manual mode you can use this as a meter to see how over or under exposed your settings are."
Hope it helps...

Having the same issues with my advanced, choppy laggy video even though I have full signal on the video downlink and radio. Even the video itself is choppy once I download from sd card. My range is also terrible and scared to go far out in fear of losing the drone.

Lets hope they fix it quickly with a new firmware release. Lesson learnt - do not upgrade the firmware immediately - wait for a week or so to find out if others had issues first.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj