New firmware... Should i do?

Reaction score
Well, thats the question.. Im seeing many complains...

Should i do or should i wait??

Thanks all!! Valeu gagera!

Agree, with the issue with the VPS, there will probably be another release shortly. If you aren't having any issues just wait.

I was thinking the same...If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hate upgrading cause the as_hats that are writing the code DO NOT test their work....they leave it for us to find all their mistakes. Microsoft did (does) the same thing from all versions of windows after 3.1

Had a great flight today after a quick and so far painless update last night and I have never done it before- if you don't do it and something goes wrong they will say I told you so, so if nothing else you maybe covering your butt!

I was thinking the same...If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hate upgrading cause the as_hats that are writing the code DO NOT test their work....they leave it for us to find all their mistakes. Microsoft did (does) the same thing from all versions of windows after 3.1
testing every case/situation is actually very hard, you don't really know what you're talking about.
I'm certain DJI has a QA testing a serie of predefined test cases and they add new cases as unknown problems arise.
Of course, Microsoft does the same (they're actually pretty rigorous)

I flew 3 packs today with no problems at all using the new firmware. The VPS worked fine even over the water at low altitudes. I lost a P2 vision plus to the sea last year because of flying to low but this time I l'll be using a getterback and if the bird has a flaw and crashes, when I retrieve it from the water Dji can check the incident and verify if I was flying with the latest firmware. Just my personal opinion I think it's a good idea to do the update. Oh yeah forgot to mention I flew out 10000ft. pus today which is really good for my area because of the high humidity.

Do I have to do it or will it fly or ask me to do update ? I've had no issues with last firmware can I still use until they fix this

My P2.. I never updated firmware.. ran like a champ for 9 months.

P3 given its newer and ore valuable status to me.. I have updated on time each time.. minor issues but not sure if they are as a result of the firmware or just weird one-time compass issues

well, at this time i will not do it.. maybe next weeks.. lets see

you told about your Phantom2 and i got a question: How long these Phantom lives?

someone know this answer?

maybe the experience of how long your old phantoms standed until die...

its my first phantom.

Valeu moçads

With any tech (not just drones) I only update firmware if it fixes an issue that affects me or adds a feature I really want. If I do decide to update then I always wait at least a week since everyone makes mistakes and firmware developers are no different.

Wait for early adopters (beta testers). Most have updated because the app has a fat red warning. Just ignore if it :).

Anyways, Research and find out what is in the update - will it benefit or will it hinder your phantom?

I left my P2VP with 3.08 (current is 3.14) as the later 2 updates were for geo fencing in Washington DC (3.12) and the prime minister's place in Japan (3.14). I live in Australia and I have enough common sense not to fly near these secured zones.

dont do it.. i just learned my lesson... my p3p vps is not working anymore and i havent found any improvement in the new version

Had a great flight today after a quick and so far painless update last night and I have never done it before- if you don't do it and something goes wrong they will say I told you so, so if nothing else you maybe covering your butt!

But the opposite is not true. If you update and your acft goes crazy and crashes, will they get you another?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31