New Firmware ...Result: Bird won't ascend to 75 Ft.

Reaction score
After new firmware update my P4 ascends to about 100 ft. or less and audio message
maximum altitude reached. It is set to the max. but I can't even get over the treetops in
my driveway . Everything was fine until the Russians colluded to disrupt sound, innovative and
reliable firmware in the Dji design labs. I can't very well do any flying with a 100 ft ceiling .
What to do?

Could be:
1. You are not logged into your DJI account on the app thereby restricting height and distance.
2. You are in beginner mode.

I power up remote and P4 and login Go4 app. Gather satellites and take off but stops well before 100'.
Not in beginner mode. RTH set at 120 m and altitude 500m. New IMU calibration method of placing aircraft
in 6 positions including upside down seems excessive .

I power up remote and P4 and login Go4 app. Gather satellites and take off but stops well before 100'.
Not in beginner mode. RTH set at 120 m and altitude 500m. New IMU calibration method of placing aircraft
in 6 positions including upside down seems excessive .
[/QUOTE
Yeah the new calibration is different but won't affect your height/flight restrictions. Are you sure you have logged on after the last DJI app update? You can check on the front screen, tap 'me' at the bottom, tap the gear like symbol at the top right and look at the bottom of the screen to see if are signed in. If not, you need an Internet connection of sorts to log back in and get back your original functions.
You can also try to uninstall/reinstall the GO app4 (tap the sync symbol on your flight info screen to save your flight data prior to deleting the app).

After new firmware update my P4 ascends to about 100 ft. or less and audio message
maximum altitude reached. It is set to the max. but I can't even get over the treetops in
my driveway . Everything was fine until the Russians colluded to disrupt sound, innovative and
reliable firmware in the Dji design labs. I can't very well do any flying with a 100 ft ceiling .
What to do?
Log out of Go, then log back in again, using the Me icon, then the gear icon in top right.
Ok, I did receive a login to Go4 app screen. After I see the Go4 app icon on my Air 6 I click it and it goes to GO Fly. Aircraft warms up
and after I'm air bourn I discover I can't go beyond 100'. Uninstalling Go4 and reinstalling in an attempt to correct problem is not problematic
but does seem it should not NOT be necessary . I'll try and figure it out when the rain vacates in a day or two. Note: When I ran into this
new firmware problem I was frozen near branches at 100' and could not go in any direction due to avoidance obstacle enabled. I switched
to Sport mode and hit the throttle and caught a small branch and down she came but landed upside down in a patch of Ivey that cushioned
fall. Unbelievably no damage to aircraft whatsoever. Whew! I partially blame Dji as If I had known about the height restriction and having to
log in to the Go4 app. I would have avoided being frozen in the tree tops with no option to break free. Oh well .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1