P4 Firmware New firmware limits range and altitude?

Reaction score
I just started my DJI GO 4 and got a message to the effect that if I upgrade the firmware then my range and altitude will be severely limited unless I use DJi's software first. What does that mean? Seems annoying.

I'm puzzled too. Does that mean you need to launch GO first, and then Litchi or Autopilot or else be restricted in distance by not launching GO first? Dunno.

I keep getting that pop-up agreement note on launching GO 4.1.0 now, but my P4 is current so I don't know what the Log-in part means (I did it once, but still getting this initial warning.) or if it will work on location if I am not within some Wi-Fi or cell connection. DJI really is obtuse in this matter, but they usually are. Sometimes I get some "Unable to connect to Wi-Fi" on the tablet at a location so I don't know what DJI is trying to do or what the outcome will be. I have a cell enabled tablet but I don't know what the heck is going on with it either.

I am not sure what the altitude limits were before the up grade as i never went above 400' but now i wish to fly to a mountain peak and can not as altitude is limited to 500 meters which is about 300 meters short of me being able to get to the top of the peak following terrain all the the way up I never exceed 400AGL but can now not get where i want to with the 500 meter limit . it only a 3000 ' horizontal distance but am now limited by the 500 m . this phantom thing just gets worse all the time

I am not sure what the altitude limits were before the up grade as i never went above 400' but now i wish to fly to a mountain peak and can not as altitude is limited to 500 meters which is about 300 meters short of me being able to get to the top of the peak following terrain all the the way up I never exceed 400AGL but can now not get where i want to with the 500 meter limit . it only a 3000 ' horizontal distance but am now limited by the 500 m . this phantom thing just gets worse all the time

Altitude has _always_ been limited to 500 meters. So nothing is getting worse.

Reactions: Pharm
This limit I was talking about was very severe like maybe 50-meter distance and 20-meter altitude! Also if you want to go to a mountaintop then you would have to increase the altitude limit. I'm confused about the FAA's 400' limit in the US because I live in the mountains. Is it 400' relative to the earth's surface at any given point? If so, all flying applications need to have an easy way to control the altitude relative to ground!

This limit I was talking about was very severe like maybe 50-meter distance and 20-meter altitude! Also if you want to go to a mountaintop then you would have to increase the altitude limit. I'm confused about the FAA's 400' limit in the US because I live in the mountains. Is it 400' relative to the earth's surface at any given point? If so, all flying applications need to have an easy way to control the altitude relative to ground!
Yes, relative to the ground UNDER THE AIRCRAFT at any given moment. FAA suggests 400 ft AGL (Above Ground Level), not to be confused with 400 ft above takeoff point. The limit you're referring to is only imposed until you re-log into your DJI account. You also don't have to log in each time you fly, just the first time after the update. There are several ongoing threads about this already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4