P3 Firmware New Firmware for PH3 and I1 coming Sept 07/15

Yay for P3Adv owners - 2.7K bonus, good for those who have mediocre PC's...
Semi boo for P3Pro owners - no 2.7K. This would have been good for those who thought their PC's were capable of 4K playback or edit.
And the biggest winners - Inspire owners - no follow-me, and the longest "coming soon" promise from DJI for waypoint and POI.

I'm overly happy about what DJI has bought to the game. Hopefully the beta (beater) testers have beaten out the bugs and this will be a successful firmware launch.
I do just have one bone to pick - why not give the Pro 4K and inspire 4K 2.7K??

Er.......... Where is it? Not on the DJI webpage and its sept 7th
Exactly. My drone is one week old and I have never owned any other tech with more bugs. I would have expected more in this price range. Hope the new FW solve the problems or else I'll be a very unhappy customer...

Nothing as yet but I'm assuming it will probably be released from the USA so won't be till afternoon in the UK.

Exactly. My drone is one week old and I have never owned any other tech with more bugs. I would have expected more in this price range. Hope the new FW solve the problems or else I'll be a very unhappy customer...
Don't hold your breath Solid :-/

Might I suggest you may not have upgraded to 1.3.2 firmware? If you haven't you should definitely do so. The previous version (1.2.6 or 1.2.8) did have issues but they were sorted out for 1.3.2 and I haven't had any issues since that was released. It certainly isn't buggy at all and I've used it extensively. I use iphone 6 or my ipad Air 2 and no issues at all. Some have had a couple of issues with Android but can't comment on that as I haven't experienced it personally. As you've had yours a week, which one have you got? Is it S, A or P as that could make a big difference too.

Generally speaking, if you've got an issue, share it on here and someone will probably have something to help you :)

Might I suggest you may not have upgraded to 1.3.2 firmware? If you haven't you should definitely do so. The previous version (1.2.6 or 1.2.8) did have issues but they were sorted out for 1.3.2 and I haven't had any issues since that was released. It certainly isn't buggy at all and I've used it extensively. I use iphone 6 or my ipad Air 2 and no issues at all. Some have had a couple of issues with Android but can't comment on that as I haven't experienced it personally. As you've had yours a week, which one have you got? Is it S, A or P as that could make a big difference too.

Generally speaking, if you've got an issue, share it on here and someone will probably have something to help you :)
Since we're in a "firmware thread" I might just post here :). Please move If I'm doing something I shouldn't.

I have the latest FW on my Advance and I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 as "monitor".

The problem is that the warning "disconnected - no signal" comes up spradicly during flight and then the picture freeze. First time I got really scared but i soon realised that it was only the picture connection that was lost. The drone kept flying and responding as iT should. When starting up it takes forever to get the drone to connect with the phone at all. Just says "no signal". Shutting down all apps and rebooting drone and RC, even reconnecting the cable between phone and RC a couple of times just for the sake of it. After doing this all a few times it goes in to "safe to fly" (have no ideals what does ithe?!?!). Sometimes it jumps back in to "signal lost" again though. Very frustrating and I don't think this process was intended by DJI. What also confuse me is that in the DJI GO app it constantly says "Radio signal - poor". The places I've been flying at can't possibly have any interference what so ever. And if it's caused by cosmic interference this must be the most delicate receiver on this planet. Like Nobel Price good...

I've tried different cables between RC and phone to but it's the same. In the app I says that it has the latest FW and I guess that's both for the drone and RC so the FW upgrade I did upon receiving the drone must have been successful (I guess) though I did not get any txt file after the RC update. The green light came on after update beeps stopped and according to DJI this is a sign of a successful update. So I guess it's all good when it comes to FW.

Another problem is that it wants me to recalibrate the compass every now and then. Have no idea why.. Same thing here, interference CAN'T be a problem.

All these things combined does not make me trust this drone and my experience as DJI customer is so far NOT very good..

If anyone has a solution you are most welcome to share!

Sorry that the post became a novel.

OK version 1.4 is loaded BUT the iOS app version on the website is 2.2.0 but on both app stores I use it is still 2.1.0 ? I did refresh my apps store as well. Any idea?

I hear yeah mate, just did the same update now i'm wondering can i fly the drone with the old DJI Go APP! This seems a little silly from DJI, hopefully the app update gets rolled out in the next hour or so... Advice for any firmware updaters, DONT do it until the APP is available...

WayPoints:

So in order to get the function active you need to be in the air (very annoying as far as I can see there's no full atonomis flight yet)
Slide your control dial to F on the controller
Select Waypoints
Today I had to fly to each point and select altitude manually
Then select WP1 move to the next area and repeat.
I set 4 WP's with different altitudes and hit Apply
To be fair it flew a fairy smooth track but i didn't see a way to Input or select a path using the maps, I didn't spend long at it today so i may have missed something.

The Point of Interest is great and works well

The Follow Me: I couldn't get Follow Me to work, it would let me select this functions just error after error... So not sure, i was using an iPad Mini so perhaps its something to do with that, but the iPad has GPS so really confused. More testing tomorrow.

Hope this helps..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik