New Firmware (DJI GEO) Height Restriction

Reaction score
I have tried searching but haven't been able to find an answer to this.
For those testing the new GEO firmware, does it allow you to remove/set a higher than 500m height limit if you unlock/verify with DJI?

Thank You.

Approximately 120.50M Or approximately 400 ft is the US Law, however, I just noticed a 500M limit on distance

Approximately 120.50M Or approximately 400 ft is the US Law, however, I just noticed a 500M limit on distance

NOT US law, a recommendation from the FAA. Anyways that's not the point, the world is bigger than the USA.

Have you ever tried flying at 500m??
I don't think any trained or untrained pilots really need to fly above that height...
If DJI enabled 1km height restrictions, I can foresee many P3's failing to safely land.

The only exclusions I can really see are those who live on the side of mount Everest.

I don't think any trained or untrained pilots really need to fly above that height...
If DJI enabled 1km height restrictions, I can foresee many P3's failing to safely land.

The only exclusions I can really see are those who live on the side of mount Everest.

Everest being over 29000 feet and over 7000 other mountains over 23000 feet your statement is just ignorant. The P3A can easily and safely go 1km and back.

Everest being over 29000 feet and over 7000 other mountains over 23000 feet your statement is just ignorant. The P3A can easily and safely go 1km and back.

Re: Mt Everest... Lol. I wish I had sarcasm font.
You know that the P3 has a ceiling of 6000m. This means at 23000ft (7000m), the phantom probably will struggle to take off.

And there is no such thing as 'safely' go 1km 'up' and back. A lot of users don't even know how to orient their antennas for vertical flight, let alone guestimate the wind gust at those altitudes.

I have tried searching but haven't been able to find an answer to this.
For those testing the new GEO firmware, does it allow you to remove/set a higher than 500m height limit if you unlock/verify with DJI?

Thank You.

No.

The phantom calculates altitude relative to takeoff location so mount Everest is not good example unless you are planning on scaling from the bottom to top with Phantom.

Thank goodness this forum isn't representative of the worlds population. If it was the world would still be flat and the sun would revolve around the earth. I know we need rules for all the idiots out there but I for one am able to manage my own risks and don't appreciate all the tattle tails telling me over and over again what the rules are. Say it once, fine, then move on. Your not my mother or the police.

Sorry. My own little rant. ;-)

Reactions: Ramphex

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj