P3 Firmware New firmware 1.9.6 for P3P released June 13, 2016

come on try
upload_2016-6-13_20-22-52.png
it

Reactions: Hurricane Dave
Yea I updated it today and took it out for a ride, latest iOS on iPhone 6 plus, app 2.8.3. Had issues with app freezing, choppy video. Never had any issues before. BUT, I think it's the lightning cable I was using, It wasn't the certified one I always use, so tomorrow going to try again. Will let you know

Took mine out again today with different lightning cable. all good

downloaded next day after firmware came out. went for a couple of flights, no problem..

Updated yesterday and seems good on a test flight - possibly more stable than before.

I did notice my battery life % reduced from 100% before the update to between 94% and 98% afterwards - don't know if the way the calculation is done has changed, or whether updating the battery firmware forced a recalculation. Approx 28 charges in on two batteries - and 10 on another.

Would be interested to hear if others had noticed anything similar or if I am killing my batteries somehow (always very careful, never store full or empty, never recharge when hot.. etc).

I hadn't done the 8% discharge that DJI recommend at 20 charges so this could be the issue, but one of my batteries had only 10 charges and this one reduced to 98%.

I hadn't done the 8% discharge that DJI recommend at 20 charges so this could be the issue, but one of my batteries had only 10 charges and this one reduced to 98%.

You just reminded me that I have never once done the 8% discharge after 20 charges. I have 3 batteries, over 200 flights, and 1,000,000 feet of incident free flying...that hasn't seemed to be an issue for me...but as they say here, your mileage may vary (YMMV)

71 flights and 142km for me - you're doing well! Maybe I need to fly more, they say the batteries prefer being used to sitting around.

My remote shows this also.
I thought that when you updated the aircraft you also had to update the controller.
Hence the number should be the same on the controller....1.9.6
No, the app is a different version number. I just updated my P3A, and instead of 1.9.6, it shows 1.8 with a + after the version. ??

I am waiting to see if it is good and no secret downgrades snuck in it to limit performance, distance or altitude before I update mine!

Updated my P3P 3 days ago. First 2 batteries had perfect flights. 3rd and 4th batteries popup a 'ESC Status Error'. Now motors won't power up for any of the 4 batteries.

This new firmware for the P3P also needs to be updated on each of your batteries. Not every update requires this, but this one does.

Load the .bin file onto your SD card again, and proceed exactly as if you're updating the firmware on the Phantom, using a different battery each time. You'll see the same sequence of beeps and blinking lights, except it happens much faster.

Then, after each successful update (steady green light on the gimbal), turn off the unit, check the status on the txt file (I delete the txt after each one, but I don't think that's necessary), reinsert the SD card, and repeat with another battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4