New Firmware 1.6

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Just about to update the Firmware on my P3A
I go to the Dji site
Go into the downloads section and select Phantom Advanced 1.6
But when I put my mouse over the little ZIP box down below in my downloads area
It shows the discription as. Phantom_3/P3S_FW_V01.06.0040 zip.
It shows it as P3S. , like in Standard.
And when you look at the downloaded file it also says P3S
Try it and see what yours says..
And Yes I'm making sure I'm in the advanced download section
Dale

That's correct. The "S" does not mean standard. DJI just isn't good at naming files.

Reactions: lenmcgilvary
up loaded and flew mine twice today no problems.

updated with no problems, very small test flight in back yard but dark and windy so stayed at 6 meters, I did let it hover quite a while. It was stable and no vibration. I will try it out tomorrow weather permitting.

Hello all,
I've searched and scoured these threads & the DJI release notes looking for a discussion of results that FW 1.06 brings to the table... So far all I've found is some very vague statements in the release notes:

What's New:
  1. Improved battery reliability when using the aircraft in cold environments.
  2. Optimized battery management
Anyone have enough flight time on this new firmware to be able to share their results & impressions?

I've been out flying about 6 times since the update. P3 flies just as it used to. In a warm weather area, so I can not
comment on cold battery performance. I'm at the 'go to 30% stage' on my batteries now, so I'm looking forward to the
extra air time. :)

Hello all,
I've searched and scoured these threads & the DJI release notes looking for a discussion of results that FW 1.06 brings to the table... So far all I've found is some very vague statements in the release notes:

What's New:
  1. Improved battery reliability when using the aircraft in cold environments.
  2. Optimized battery management
Anyone have enough flight time on this new firmware to be able to share their results & impressions?

Everything flies perfectly.. Ymmv

Flew it out in 44 degree weather, it does ascend slower and isn't as responsive . Is it a deal breaker , probably not but i wish it was a fast as it was before :(

Flew it out in 44 degree weather, it does ascend slower and isn't as responsive . Is it a deal breaker , probably not but i wish it was a fast as it was before :(

I've wondered about this and the temps that necessitated the firmware upgrade. I've not updated to the 1.06. I'm in Tucson, AZ and usually don'y fly in temps lower than 50 degrees.

Anyone know what air temperature ranges the firmware targets? Below 50, 40 or 30 degrees or more?

Yes I have had several flights now maybe 10 now in -6-8-10C how is it performing compared to what..the new update has gotten ride of the bad vibrations it is slower now.have down graded flew it yes faster but Bad vibrations so back to the new upgrade as far as battery goes I have noticed that the voltage is now not dropping like a rock,!!!

I've just updated my P3A to v1.6 and it seems to have worked ok. However my RC is still the previous version (1.5.3) and dji go app isn't flagging up a need for a firmware update. Is this ok or should the aircraft and RC always be on the same version?
Thanks in advance

1.5.3 is reported as the latest version of RC firmware with my P3A also so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Looking at previous firmware updates, the aircraft and rc don't always match it version number.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi folks,
I took my P3A out for the first time since my v1.6 upgrade and am now experiencing problems with the fpv feed in that there are diagonal black and white lines appearing over 'white' parts of the image eg clouds (Examples in the attached pics.). They don't appear on the captured video/photos.
Has anybody else experienced this and more importantly does anybody know how to get rid of them?
I may also be imagining it but the motor noise seems to be pitched slightly differently.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452444153.205236.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452444172.797365.jpg

I'm thinking the best solution may be to go back to v1.5.3.
Thanks

Hi folks,
I took my P3A out for the first time since my v1.6 upgrade and am now experiencing problems with the fpv feed in that there are diagonal black and white lines appearing over 'white' parts of the image eg clouds (Examples in the attached pics.). They don't appear on the captured video/photos.
Has anybody else experienced this and more importantly does anybody know how to get rid of them?
I may also be imagining it but the motor noise seems to be pitched slightly differently.View attachment 40035 View attachment 40036
I'm thinking the best solution may be to go back to v1.5.3.
Thanks

Hi Dave
That's normal it is only the exposure settings I think, just adjust the wheel on top right of controller to sort it

I've wondered about this and the temps that necessitated the firmware upgrade. I've not updated to the 1.06. I'm in Tucson, AZ and usually don'y fly in temps lower than 50 degrees.

Anyone know what air temperature ranges the firmware targets? Below 50, 40 or 30 degrees or more?
From what I've read it's the battery temperature, not air temperature, that causes 1.06 to limit power. Unless it's really cold, the power limit should be lifted within a few minutes of flight as the battery heats up. Or you can simply keep the battery warm until just before putting in the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik