New FC200, Binding problems

Reaction score
After 6 month (!) I got a new camera but without a QR-code. I have got the SSID and the MAC-adress. How can I change the SSID Adress?

The MAC - Adress is easy to change

IMG_2763.PNG

but not the SSID!

Thanks for helpl

Walter

No Idea ? How can I create a new QR-Code?

DJI - support doesn't answer.

Thanks

Walter

Any updates on how to find the QRCode for a DJI Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Camera? Is there the MAC Address hidden somewhere in the camera that I can use? Or find as Hidden wifi network? Any Suggestions? Thanks

Since you know the MAC address, you should actually be able to just enter it into the settings screen of the Vision app.

Or, use an online QR code generator like https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/ to create a QR of your MAC address and scan that (if that doesn't work, try the last 6 digits of the MAC)

ProfessorStein said:
Since you know the MAC address, you should actually be able to just enter it into the settings screen of the Vision app.

Or, use an online QR code generator like https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/ to create a QR of your MAC address and scan that (if that doesn't work, try the last 6 digits of the MAC)

I've done this a number of times recently. All you really need is the MAC address of the camera... Go into the application, settings, binding, and add the MAC address for a "new" camera...

That'll work every time...

-slinger

I have a different camera with a different wifi extender and having a hard time binding the two. I guess if I could find the camera's mac address I could manually enter it. with the extender off I can see a hidden network but I do not know the correct ssid to enter or if there is a password, what that might be, I think at some point I saw info about the above but I cannot locate it now. I called dji and spoke with a nice guy who I gave the serial number from this phantom 2 vision but then he said this info would be sent on to someone else who would email me instructions. I am worried that for some reason they don't help you if you haven't bought through one of their sellers. He did not ask me for any other info, like numbers from the camera or wifi extender after I explained that I have replaced the original. Also, it seems that when I guy a used quadcopter on ebay the reseller is covering up the qr codes with their own stickers. This kinda of hurts the resell business and I wonder if this is being done on purpose. anyway, got a good bird here, close to working.. just need to bind a camera to a RE500 thanks

I think you need to reset your range extender. Turn both FC200 and RE-500 on. Press and hold the reset on the RE-500 for about 10 sec, you'll notice system light blinking..then on your smartphone,go to WiFi to connect to Phantom_XXXXX. Now go into DJI app, click on Setting , scroll down on binding...then enter your FC-200 MAC, then you'll be good to go.....hope this help!!

fc40boy said:
I think you need to reset your range extender. Turn both FC200 and RE-500 on. Press and hold the reset on the RE-500 for about 10 sec, you'll notice system light blinking..then on your smartphone,go to WiFi to connect to Phantom_XXXXX. Now go into DJI app, click on Setting , scroll down on binding...then enter your FC-200 MAC, then you'll be good to go.....hope this help!!

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that but I don't think I have a correct mac address for the camera. How does one determine the mac address through software, the label on the camera was rubbed enough that I cannot read all the info. When I turn on the camera and leave the extender off I can see a hidden network. the first question to log into that hidden network is what is the ssid and I expect the next quesiton would be password. At one point in my searching I think I saw info about that but I am unable to find it again.

And thanks for taking the time to lend a hand, fc40boy

I see where your issue now. to obtain a FC200 MAC, you probably need a network tool called inSSIDer http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/. This tool will look up your FC200 hidden network. Once your see your FC200...look like this FC200_XXXXXX....the 6X is your camera MAC....then you now can bind RE-500 and the FC200...when complete make sure to write down your FC200 MAC and put in a safe place

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31