New FAA rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
just got an email from the faa with a new rule for small uas

Reactions: JBG
I am particularly concerned about this....."To qualify for a remote pilot certificate, an individual must either pass an initial aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center or have an existing non-student Part 61 pilot certificate. If qualifying under the latter provision, a pilot must have completed a flight review in the previous 24 months and must take a UAS online training course provided by the FAA. The TSA will conduct a security background check of all remote pilot applications prior to issuance of a certificate."

Does this apply to us? (I haven't had enough time to read all 624 PAGES of new regulations). Or just those who plan to use drones commercially? Press Release – DOT and FAA Finalize Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems

So it for sure has nothing to do with us just Commercial?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

"The new rule, which takes effect in late August, offers safety regulations for unmanned aircraft drones weighing less than 55 pounds that are conducting non-hobbyist operations."

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - Part 107 Explanation/Breakdown - Great Article!

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4