New FAA regs likely to be release soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news and thanks the posting! The pundits seem to be mixed about what Part 107 will do for the commercial environment. Some say demand will skyrocket (the FAA, in conjunction with a private consulting firm, predict 100,000 commercial drones by the end of the year and 2.5 million by 2018) while others think it will do little - especially by not taking care of flights above people and Beyond Visual Line of Sight Operations.

Either way, I think it's a big step in the right direction and hope it is a sign of positive things to come in the future.

Daylight only operation? If this is true then I will sell my quad. Night time flying for me is the best. I can actually see it better at night due to my blue LED strip.

I don't see their definition of sUAS. I think this weight class doesn't include Inspire. I assume you'll need a 333 for Inspire sized craft for commercial operations. Am I wrong?

I think the line of sight statement makes bad law. It varies from person to person. Why not establish a hard limit. That is easier to govern.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Daylight only operation? If this is true then I will sell my quad. Night time flying for me is the best. I can actually see it better at night due to my blue LED strip.
I need to record firework displays. We don't do them in the daytime very often. Maybe if I tie on some fishing line and call the drone a powered kite:(

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)

duplicate_content.png

Thread closed. Please comment further here - (Rumor) FAA Part 107 leaked. May be announced June 21, 2016

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic