New electronics on aircraft rules

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28223150

I am travelling with my P2V+ soon and was planning to put the batteries and the Tx in the hold luggage and carry the Phantom onboard, although there is no specific list of devices out yet but I would not be able to start it up at security if requested.
The basic rules seems to be that ALL electronic devices needs to work.
Any advise here ?

Bring the batteries and tx as carry on, when asked to turn it on, stick her in atti mode and let her rip.

Seriously though I'd be wary about bringing a phantom in to the USA with these new rules

How many batteries are you allowed as carry on?

According to Britsh Airways i can carry 4 batteries per person. I am traveling to Malta in August and intend to take my Vision+ with me as hand luggage. So far BA are not concerned with me taking it.
My only issue is that i was under the impression that the batteries need to be dis-charged to take them on board.

Update:
Just spoken to BA again and they are happy for me to take the Phantom on as hand luggage and with the batteries secured in Lipo bags. I will probably leave enough charge in the batteries to power the quad if needed to.

The new travelling rules I think are only being implemented by the american government on flights entering the USA. Bloody american government ruining air travel even further ;)
Although the British government wont be long copying what their masters tell them.

Ok I called the airline and it's ok to carry onboard.
If the battery does not exceed 160 Wh it is ok

E = 5200mAh × 11.1V / 1000 = 57.72 Wh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31