(New) Dynamic Home Point

Reaction score
Updated the app and the latest firmware.. Liking some of the new features however, seems like you can no longer use the IOC (S2 switch) to program a new home point other than the initial start point or your mobile device location. I've already tested the Dynamic Home Point feature which works fine and yes, I turned it off prior to testing the IOC home point programming feature. I also tried it with the IOC set in all three different positions with the same result. Anyone else having this problem?

I haven't tried DHP ter, but I did do the upgrade and the S2 switch for reprogramming HL (and CL) is not an issue., works fine. But it's not always consistent, so you may need to do it a few times before it takes.

singapore_phantom said:
I haven't tried DHP ter, but I did do the upgrade and the S2 switch for reprogramming HL (and CL) is not an issue., works fine. But it's not always consistent, so you may need to do it a few times before it takes.

+1

Try again but try different speeds.
The dynamic home point is for RTH/Failsafe and this will change dynamically.
The home lock flight mode however is still locked to the point of take off or where you reset it.
Took a while for mine to work. Resetting HL and CL seems to be a pain in firmwares 3.06 and 3.08.

I have a P2 but have not yet updated to 3.08.

Unless the firmware can somehow detect which type of P2 it's loaded into I would hope they did not disable the in-flight HP re-set for P2 pilots.

Mako79 said:
The dynamic home point is for RTH/Failsafe and this will change dynamically.
The home lock flight mode however is still locked to the point of take off or where you reset it.

Do you mean there's two home points? Static and dynamic one?

Meta4 said:
AnselA said:
Do you mean there's two home points? Static and dynamic one?
There's only one home point.
You get to choose in the app whether you want it to be static or dynamic.

But Maco79 just said:

"The home lock flight mode however is still locked to the point of take off or where you reset it."

???

Mind you.. I was on my last battery doing these test and I was also messing with the Home/Direction Lock settings and couldn't get it to reset in mid flight.. I'll double check my findings this weekend.

But I believe there is 2.

When you fly in IOC modes, the phantom still stores the take off point as the home and direction lock unless changed by the 5xtoggle flick.

When you have dynamic RTH home lock on (the radar has yellow ring) and **** happens and RTH/Fail safe is triggered the phantom will land right on your smartdevice +/- 20cm radius. The way I tested was to walk 20 meters away and pulled the stick back and it flew back to my take off point rather than me.

I was doing test hoping that the dynamic Home point would follow me as I fly. My theory was that if the dynamic home point followed me, I could just pull the stick back whilst moving and it will always follow me.. Didn't work..

Mako79 said:
Mind you.. I was on my last battery doing these test and I was also messing with the Home/Direction Lock settings and couldn't get it to reset in mid flight.. I'll double check my findings this weekend.

But I believe there is 2.

When you fly in IOC modes, the phantom still stores the take off point as the home and direction lock unless changed by the 5xtoggle flick.

When you have dynamic RTH home lock on (the radar has yellow ring) and **** happens and RTH/Fail safe is triggered the phantom will land right on your smartdevice +/- 20cm radius. The way I tested was to walk 20 meters away and pulled the stick back and it flew back to my take off point rather than me.

I was doing test hoping that the dynamic Home point would follow me as I fly. My theory was that if the dynamic home point followed me, I could just pull the stick back whilst moving and it will always follow me.. Didn't work..
I wouldn't expect it to work the way you described. I would think it would follow the last hp stored before you last entered hl. So if I leave hl then move then enter hl it will follow the latest stored hp. If it doesn't work this way then it's just plain stupid dji.

Thanks for all of the replies! So just some info from pre-update tests, I was able to effectively change the Home Point (HP) / Return To Home (RTH) using the IOC S2 switch toggling between the "OFF" position and the "Home Lock" position x5. This was confirmed through the rapid blinking of the green status lights consistent with the initial startup procedure in GPS mode. Once set, I was able to activate the Failsafe mode and the Phantom would RTH at the new programmed point. It also would orient itself to that point in the IOC - HL configuration.

I have yet to test IOC - HL post-update but I have tried over and over to program the HP / RTH with no change to the original HP / RTH once Failsafe has been activated. I will try to test the IOC - HL and see if that is what the status lights are indicating has changed. If anyone finds a solution to this please let me know. I really liked being able to set your RTH point in flight.

Note: Dynamic Home Point was turned OFF during testing (settings in app).

So it still works I'm just a moron and was doing the wrong programming sequence. In order to change the Home Point and not the Course Lock direction you have to cycle through all three positions (Off through Home Lock) on the IOC switch 5x. Both Home Lock and RTH /Failsafe features were tested successfully. Thanks guys!

j69chevelle said:
So it still works I'm just a moron and was doing the wrong programming sequence. In order to change the Home Point and not the Course Lock direction you have to cycle through all three positions (Off through Home Lock) on the IOC switch 5x. Both Home Lock and RTH /Failsafe features were tested successfully. Thanks guys!

But did you test Dynamic Home Point?

I did, both HL and RTH went to the launch location...

j69chevelle said:

No, doing all three positions may result in the resetting of both CL and HP.

CL reset is S2 top-middle-top 3-5 times
HP reset is S2 middle-bottom-middle 3-5 times.

N017RW said:
j69chevelle said:

Ahh, I bet it worked because I just happened to cycle passed the middle and bottom (CL / HL) the right number of times. Thanks for the correct procedure!

j69chevelle said:
N017RW said:
j69chevelle said:

Ahh, I bet it worked because I just happened to cycle passed the middle and bottom (CL / HL) the right number of times. Thanks for the correct procedure!

These procedures have nothing to do with the Dynamic Home Point.

Correct.

Threads do vector a bit off from time to time.

The points made and discussed were specific enough for most to realize.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 449
AnselA said:
j69chevelle said:

I did test Dynamic Home Point and it works perfectly. Ensure you have the latest update for the Vision App. Make sure your GPS feature is ON in your mobile device than activate the Vision app. Once in the app turn on Dynamic Home Point in the settings menu. When Dynamic Home Point is active you should see a green circle highlighting the compass (not the correct nomenclature) in the bottom left corner of the FPV (camera) view. Hope that helps

So the exact procedure I went through was quickly cycling through the "Off", "CL" and "HL" positions on the IOC switch 5x. I left in in the HL position for approximately 10 seconds. The aft status lights also rapidly blinked green which is what I would expect it to do once it has established a new home point. I turned the IOC off than I proceeded to place the copter 40 meters away and offset to test the HL. It worked. The new HL point had been programmed successfully. Than flew the copter to my location and turned on the Failsafe switch and it flew to the new RTH point with no issues.

I still wasn't following the correct programming procedure so N017RW locked me on to the correct procedure: HL / RTH point programming - Cycle through CL and HL positions on the IOC (S2) switch 3 - 5 x rapidly. I also found it helpful to end the sequence in the HL position and let it set until after the aft status lights are done blinking. Programming complete. Use HL position to verify. So long as Dynamic Home Point is turned off, when you activate Failsafe / RTH mode it should go to your newly programmed point.

j69chevelle said:
AnselA said:
j69chevelle said:

I did test Dynamic Home Point and it works perfectly. Ensure you have the latest update for the Vision App. Make sure your GPS feature is ON in your mobile device than activate the Vision app. Once in the app turn on Dynamic Home Point in the settings menu. When Dynamic Home Point is active you should see a green circle highlighting the compass (not the correct nomenclature) in the bottom left corner of the FPV (camera) view. Hope that helps

So the exact procedure I went through was quickly cycling through the "Off", "CL" and "HL" positions on the IOC switch 5x. I left in in the HL position for approximately 10 seconds. The aft status lights also rapidly blinked green which is what I would expect it to do once it has established a new home point. I turned the IOC off than I proceeded to place the copter 40 meters away and offset to test the HL. It worked. The new HL point had been programmed successfully. Than flew the copter to my location and turned on the Failsafe switch and it flew to the new RTH point with no issues.

I still wasn't following the correct programming procedure so N017RW locked me on to the correct procedure: HL / RTH point programming - Cycle through CL and HL positions on the IOC (S2) switch 3 - 5 x rapidly. I also found it helpful to end the sequence in the HL position and let it set until after the aft status lights are done blinking. Programming complete. Use HL position to verify. So long as Dynamic Home Point is turned off, when you activate Failsafe / RTH mode it should go to your newly programmed point.

I don't understand your terminology.

- what switching S2 has to do with Dynamic home point function?
- what do you mean by "programming"?
- what's the difference between "HL point", "RTH point" and Dynamic home point? You cannot find "HL point" and "RTH point" in DJI documentation?

Sorry, I'll avoid the acronyms.

- S2 switch is your Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC). This feature must be turned on in the Advanced settings of the Phantom Assistant software.
- You can program a new Home Point in flight as well as set the orientation for the Course Lock feature. The whole reason I started the thread is because I thought the was some sort of bug that came about preventing the Home Point programming due to the new Dynamic Home Point feature that the update came with.
- HL = Home Lock: Down most position on the S2 switch (located on the top left of the controller) also known as the IOC switch. RTH = Return To Home feature which is the automatic mode (aka Failsafe mode) the Phantom enters when you move out of range or turn off the controller. You can also program the S1 switch (top right of the controller) to enter into this mode. You might be able to find out more in DJI documentation if you look for Intelligent Orientation Control.

Maybe this video might make things more clear. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILHyp_P9eU[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20