New drone won't go further than 150 feet!

Reaction score
Excuse me if it's already been asked and answered.... But I bought a new Phantom 4 Advanced the other day. The IMU has been calibrated and all seems well. It's got all the new firmware it needs and it won't go further than 150 feet in any direction. It immediately stops, loses signal on the screen and then tries to go right to HOME mode.

Help me please. Is this an issue on my end or what!?

Thank you all,

Chris

Antenna must be parallel to the legs, where the antenna are located. Are you using 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz?
Do you get warnings on the screen, other than signal LOST?
Have you looked at the LOG?

Reactions: n7qxo
Did you make sure you are logged in to DJI site on DJI Go 4 app? And if you are then log out and back in. Worked for me.

Reactions: DocDiggler
Antenna must be parallel to the legs, where the antenna are located. Are you using 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz?
Do you get warnings on the screen, other than signal LOST?
Have you looked at the LOG?

It's a Phantom 4 Advanced so it's 2.4 Ghz.

No warnings. Just that I have lost signal. Is the log going to tell me anything other than what has already come across my screen, aka signal lost?

Did you make sure you are logged in to DJI site on DJI Go 4 app? And if you are then log out and back in. Worked for me.

You log into the app and fly. I'm not sure what other area I could also be logged into. I owned a Phantom 3 Pro prior to this. So I'm definitely not new to using a drone but this is ridiculous. It should fly right out of the box without issue and I'm getting this ****. DJI is pretty close to getting a nasty email from me for my $1200 spent.

To solve this issue I clicked on the settings icon in the top right corner of the "Me" section of the app (where is shows the DJI Store, Flight Records, etc) and clicked sign out. Then signed back and connected to my P4P and everything was back to normal. The distance limit went away once my information was updated in the app after I was "verified".

To solve this issue I clicked on the settings icon in the top right corner of the "Me" section of the app (where is shows the DJI Store, Flight Records, etc) and clicked sign out. Then signed back and connected to my P4P and everything was back to normal. The distance limit went away once my information was updated in the app after I was "verified".

Thanks. I'll look into that. I'm at work today for 24 hrs BUT I brought the drone with me so I didn't go absolutely crazy wondering if I could fix it or not. I'll check this out and see if it works.

Thanks a lot for the help!

This was the most recent download. I uninstalled the GO app, installed it and signed out and back in several times. The IMU is calibrated and the controller is too. I'm still very height limited.

Ugh. Did anyone have this friggen issue!?

Attachments

• IMG_4321.PNG
    IMG_4321.PNG
    316.9 KB · Views: 332
This was the most recent download. I uninstalled the GO app, installed it and signed out and back in several times. The IMU is calibrated and the controller is too. I'm still very height limited.

Ugh. Did anyone have this friggen issue!?
I sure did and still have the problem.. Following the advice on line but no luck so far.. Very frustrating. I didn't want to delete and reinstall the app because I was afraid of losing all my flight logs/info/ and videos.. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be hugely appreciated!

Screw the flight logs... just reinstall and see if it fixes your issue. I sent mine back to DJI for a diagnostic.

I sure did and still have the problem.. Following the advice on line but no luck so far.. Very frustrating. I didn't want to delete and reinstall the app because I was afraid of losing all my flight logs/info/ and videos.. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be hugely appreciated!
Hi you can delete app as many times you want as info always comes back,if you sync your flights they always saved at dji server

close out app and reopen as stated above ...no log in is required ,do it w each battery change

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4