New drone mandate in Turkey

Reaction score
Hi all, wonder if anyone can help.

I'm travelling from the UK to Turkey in a few weeks and have read that Turkey has introduced a new law making it a requirement that all drones are registered with the directorate of civil aviation.

I have checked their website and cannot find see how to register my drone.

Anyone done this or can help?

Tia

Bob

I'm hitting the same problem. There is a Contact Us button but it just gives an error message .... Have managed to send a message now, but no reply yet ... weekend so probably no-one there. Not encouraged by the fact that only address given is in Turkey. I'll let you know if I get any joy.
I'm flying out there on the 25th, so it will have to be a quick and simple solution or I will be droneless :(

I'm hitting the same problem. There is a Contact Us button but it just gives an error message .... Have managed to send a message now, but no reply yet ... weekend so probably no-one there. Not encouraged by the fact that only address given is in Turkey. I'll let you know if I get any joy.
I'm flying out there on the 25th, so it will have to be a quick and simple solution or I will be droneless :(
Same problem here.

I've managed to do a sort of translation of the regulations which came out in February but it's a bit confusing whether you need to register if from outside Turkey as on the main directorate s website under importing a uav it's is still saying as a drone such as a phantom would be exempt.

Keep in touch and good luck

Just ask your embassy in the UK. Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just ask your embassy in the UK. Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Do you mean the Turkish embassy in the UK?

I tried them and was told to look at the directorate of civil aviation website, which is where I am getting stuck.

Yeah, I tried the UK embassy, too. They "don't have any service like that" and suggested the directorate of civil aviation website ... looks like the Phantom is staying home :( Pity. I will be in the Gulf of Gokeva (?) a beautiful area ideal for drone videos.

Yeah, I tried the UK embassy, too. They "don't have any service like that" and suggested the directorate of civil aviation website ... looks like the Phantom is staying home :( Pity. I will be in the Gulf of Gokeva (?) a beautiful area ideal for drone videos.
Nice, not stayed there but travelled through a couple of times.
We're staying just outside of Kabak, overlooking butterfly valley, in the mountains outside of Fetiye.

So far I've been able to find out that if you wish to fly a drone and you do not live in Turkey you have to complete the registration process once you arrive and before you're first flight.

Still trying to find out if there are any other regs you need to comply with such as customs just to get the drone into the country.

Will post more when I find out.

Nice, not stayed there but travelled through a couple of times.
We're staying just outside of Kabak, overlooking butterfly valley, in the mountains outside of Fetiye.

So far I've been able to find out that if you wish to fly a drone and you do not live in Turkey you have to complete the registration process once you arrive and before you're first flight.

Still trying to find out if there are any other regs you need to comply with such as customs just to get the drone into the country.

Will post more when I find out.

Hi Bob,
Just got back but hoping to go again next year. You don't say where to register when you get to Turkey? Local Police?

Hi Bob,
Just got back but hoping to go again next year. You don't say where to register when you get to Turkey? Local Police?
Hiya Mental

Hope you enjoyed your holiday, did you take your drone ?

I managed to partially translate the registration site which says to register once in the country(at least that's how I read it).

I'm going to try and register before I go with the address we are staying at, see if that works.

Still waiting for a reply from the directorate but not holding my breath, we go in 4 weeks.

Regards

Bob

Hiya Mental

I managed to partially translate the registration site which says to register once in the country(at least that's how I read it).

I'm going to try and register before I go with the address we are staying at, see if that works.

Still waiting for a reply from the directorate but not holding my breath, we go in 4 weeks.

Regards

Bob
Sorry meant to say you register on the website

Sorry meant to say you register on the website

So, with the address you're staying at?
No, didn't take the Phantom as I didn't think I'd be able to fly it ... bit heavy for an old sod like me to lugg about on the offchance :( The Dslr had to do all the imaging.

Hiya Mental

Regards

Bob
Hi Bob,

Hope you had a good and safe time in Turkey. Did you end up taking your Phantom with you? I plan to go in a couple months and am thinking of taking mine. Any advice/suggestions you are willing to share would be wonderful and much appreciated. Thanks!

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't take the drone in the end as to register you need a Turkish citizens I'd number, without it you can't register.
Due to the high chance of confiscation and fines I decided not to chance it (although we're I am I don't think I would have had any problems).
I was told by a chap at the Turkish caa who deals with drone registration that at sometime it will be possible for non Turkish citizens to register their drones on the website but he had no idea when that would be hence decision to leave it at home.
When I get back (still in Turkey) I will continue to look into it for next time and me you know more when I do.
Cheers

Bob

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't take the drone in the end as to register you need a Turkish citizens I'd number, without it you can't register.
Due to the high chance of confiscation and fines I decided not to chance it (although we're I am I don't think I would have had any problems).
I was told by a chap at the Turkish caa who deals with drone registration that at sometime it will be possible for non Turkish citizens to register their drones on the website but he had no idea when that would be hence decision to leave it at home.
When I get back (still in Turkey) I will continue to look into it for next time and me you know more when I do.
Cheers

Bob

Thanks, Bob, for your quick reply. After what unfolded last night/today, not sure what to make of trying to even visit. Hope you are safe wherever you are. And do please keep me posted as to what you find out if you continue to search for answers.
All the best,
Nathan

It's very quiet here Nathan (faralya, near olu denez) most of the coup took place in Ankara and Istanbul) so just carrying on with holiday.
Where are you going?
The village we are in would have made for some magnificent drone flying & video as we're literally on the edge of butterfly valley, I'll post a couple of still pics when we get back.
Still, there's always next time.

It's very quiet here Nathan (faralya, near olu denez) most of the coup took place in Ankara and Istanbul) so just carrying on with holiday.
Where are you going?
The village we are in would have made for some magnificent drone flying & video as we're literally on the edge of butterfly valley, I'll post a couple of still pics when we get back.
Still, there's always next time.
I think I'd be spending most of my time in Istanbul, but would love to get out away from the city... Haven't finalized plans yet. Glad to hear things are quiet where you are and yes, would love to see some images when you get back. Enjoy your time there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik