New drone laws

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, the new drone laws don't require registration. Does that also apply for making money off of your footage. I don't know much about the different classifications like part 107 "I've heard a lot about it" and I don't know how to apply for one. As you can probably tell I'm a little bit confused and would just like some clarification.

There are no new regulations, or changes to regulations, other than the registration requirement being waived for recreational drones.

Nothing else has changed. If you are flying for any purpose beyond recreation, your flight still falls under Part 107.

Click the magnifying glass top right and type 'part 107' to do a search and you may find your answer with lots of additional information. :);)

Last edited:
There are no new regulations, or changes to regulations, other than the registration requirement being waived for recreational drones.

Nothing else has changed. If you are flying for any purpose beyond recreation, your flight still falls under Part 107.
Registration requirement wasn't waived, it was vacated by the court.

Registration requirement wasn't waived, it was vacated by the court.
And that order has been stayed pending appeal, so registration is still in force.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20