New DJI props cause drone to go beserk

Reaction score
I just bought 4 new DJI props to replace my old props. When I launched the drone, everything was fine for about 3 seconds. It started wobbling and then shot up into the air at full speed. I couldn't return it by the controller so I used the fail safe feature and it returned safely to the ground.

Drone flies fine with old props. Has anyone encounter this issue with new props from DJI? Any ideas?

Those are not DJI original props. Look at the marking on those props if there marked oxox-o they're after market. Original props have DJI markings on the leading edge.
Purple Smurf.jpg

Then I suggest you do a complete calibration of both the RC and P2 including an advanced IMU.

I agree, why would props induce that erratic behavior? If it was falling out of the sky I would say "prop wash" but shooting up is strange. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure you are using the original Phantom motor screws when you take the props off otherwise the longer prop screws will skewer your motors and that might give you some serious problems.

I agree, why would props induce that erratic behavior? If it was falling out of the sky I would say "prop wash" but shooting up is strange. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure you are using the original Phantom motor screws when you take the props off otherwise the longer prop screws will skewer your motors and that might give you some serious problems.
I think you may be a bit confused there Mike. He's talking about props, not prop guards. ;)

Very strange flys fine with the old but flys crazy with the new . Check the balance of the new props ?
What flavor of props 9443's or 9450''s ?

I sounds like the Phantom was attempting to return home for some reason.

Nothing there indicates a problem with props. Nothing indicates a problem with balance of props.
The fact it came home properly confirms this.
Sounds very much like signal lost and RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik