NEW DJI P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8 block old lipos

Reaction score
Be careful about the new DJI P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8, it will block you from using the phanto 2 lipo in 1.6.0.0 firmware.

It auto-updates when you start the phantom 2 assistant!! :?

tom3holer said:
I thought I read just the other day that the very latest S/W had sorta resolved that issue.

No, this was updated today only, its not the 3.08 firmware update to the FC but the P330CB firmware update.

Could you further explain this? Specifically, what is a lipo? The reason Im asking is that I pluged my Phantom 2 with H3 3D gimbal in today, I was informed that there was a recent update to the firmware that I believe it claimed to helped resolve issues with the gimbal. I installed the update and now I have nothing from my gimbal. When I power on it just hangs limp, the same as it would if it was unplugged. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

latecomer said:
Could you further explain this? Specifically, what is a lipo? The reason Im asking is that I pluged my Phantom 2 with H3 3D gimbal in today, I was informed that there was a recent update to the firmware that I believe it claimed to helped resolve issues with the gimbal. I installed the update and now I have nothing from my gimbal. When I power on it just hangs limp, the same as it would if it was unplugged. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?
There is nothing to explain, the new firmware for the P330CB says you have a non dji lipo if the lipo has the firmware 1.6.0.0.

GhostMaster said:
Be careful about the new DJI P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8, it will block you from using the phanto 2 lipo in 1.6.0.0 firmware.

How can be avoided the autoupdate? I'm currently with the 1.0.2.7
That firmware should be new.

phantomi said:
GhostMaster said:

Only way to avoid it is open the phantom 2 assistant without internet connection, the update installs without your action, i only notice when it has already installed... :evil:

gJGHT0K.jpg

GhostMaster said:
phantomi said:
GhostMaster said:

Only way to avoid it is open the phantom 2 assistant without internet connection, the update installs without your action, i only notice when it has already installed... :evil:

****.....This just happened to me....WTF? :evil: Now what do I do?

goatman said:
****.....This just happened to me....WTF? :evil: Now what do I do?

If you have older lipos with 1.3.0.0 loader and 1.6.0.0 firmware you are grounded... Simple as that...

Stupid DJI and this auto update.

Thanks. Has to be careful when using the assistant, otherwise my new Limefuel has to be returned. Don't know if it is best to return the unoponed limefuel and exchange for an original dji but feel that will don't play the game of dji and keep it. Thanks again.

I've given DJI heck over every social media avenue I can think of to express my dismay at this move. At this point I can no longer run the assistant with an Internet connection without losing the use of half my batteries. So no firmware upgrades in the future for me I guess.

The cynic in me knows despite what they might say this was to shut out the increasing availability of third party batteries (which screams a violation of anti-competition legislation), but to do it in a manner that disables thousands of 1st party batteries too in the process just boggles my mind!

cellarboy said:
I've given DJI heck over every social media avenue I can think of to express my dismay at this move. At this point I can no longer run the assistant with an Internet connection without losing the use of half my batteries. So no firmware upgrades in the future for me I guess.

The cynic in me knows despite what they might say this was to shut out the increasing availability of third party batteries (which screams a violation of anti-competition legislation), but to do it in a manner that disables thousands of 1st party batteries too in the process just boggles my mind!

They dont mind about that, they only want to make more profit... And they are blocking their own genuine lipos that came in the phantoms 2 in 2013 and start of 2014.

I dont know what DJI thinks when they release things like this... I dont understand why they cant test things before releasing to public...

Well their reply via Twitter confirmed everything. "Are they original and from DJI?" Guess that shows what they were attempting to do. And they still botched it up.

Geert said:
GhostMaster said:

I am not sure about that. These problems were there before the P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8.
P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8 was released just a few days ago.

Geert./.
I must say you are wrong because i had no problems before this specific update, so im 100% sure its this update, and DJI know what they are doing.

cellarboy said:
Any Lawyers in the house?
I say we start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against DJI :twisted:
They have been needing to be taught a lesson concerning their anti-competitive behavior for a while now ;)

Ya know not for nothing but..... I'm new at this hobby, but I'm not an idiot....
There must be smarter peeps out there than me... there must be a way to "J-TAG" the copter, and fix the portion of the firmware with some other type of interface, PC geeks that read and write code.. Like back in the day of Satellite NAGRA2 and NAGRA EDIT.

What I mean is a "compatible" interface that would open up the controller in a hexadecimal format, read the code, interoperate what it does, and FIX it.

I wonder if you can fool the pcb by swapping the circuit board from a newer battery to the old battery. So essential the battery cap will act as a stub for old battery or generic battery.

I've seen pictures of dji battery taken apart, seems like this would work.

Anybody knows why the DJI site doesn't have the Central Board firmware 1.0.2.8 posted. The last release notes only talk about update 1.0.2.7. :evil:

phantomi said:
Anybody knows why the DJI site doesn't have the Central Board firmware 1.0.2.8 posted. The last release notes only talk about update 1.0.2.7. :evil:
They dont want to people know about this silent auto update.... [emoji35]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik