New DJI owner

Reaction score
Greetings! About time I did this! I have had a side photo business for over 20 years which included aerial work some time back. I know Adobe pretty well and I can edit in Premiere and it's cousins PS, LR, etc. I have been at the video stuff part time since 2004 with FCP logging and capturing digital8 tapes. I have been a licensed airplane pilot for over 25 years. I got my 107 early Sept 2016. I have been flying DJI products for a little over 2 years as an independent contractor for a software development firm. I fly mostly RC airplanes and some tiny and cheap quads as a hobby going on 5 years. I spent some time with some serious UAS guys at Oshkosh this year and decided to purchase a beginner rig. Finding a P3S refurb aka new at $349 was a no brainer. I know it won't be Hollywood... one step at a time. Some of the best photos of my life were with a d100 and an FA and an XA... I doubt many here even know those sweethearts! Gear is great but it doesn't prove anything, it cannot see art, and it isn't autonomous. I will keep reading about everyone's experience here but my idea is to have some fun and make enough money to upgrade... repeatedly. I still have a great day job so this is limited stress. I hope to learn enough to contribute something useful for the next new guys.

Cheers!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum, hope you find this place interesting. There are a lot of learning stuff here and you will see plenty of helpful people in this site. Enjoy!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4