New DJI Owner (almost, pre-ordered a Mavic)

Reaction score
I did a little research into it, but couldn't find any definitive answers. Has anyone tried to use active track while doing downhill mountain biking while NOT out in the open? Seems like the technology is not quite there yet, and I could see a whole host of probable issues with how downhill trails are made... switchbacks and constantly going down and all that.

Would love to hear if anyone's tried it.

I don't think active track is up to it on any platform yet, unless just at walking pace, and even then it seems haphazard at best. Hate to say it, but i really think that the way to go is by using a wearable device for the quad to follow, aka lily so to speak. Would love a feature like this to work properly, would open up so many more possibilities.

I figured that was going to be the case, but there was always hoping. The Mavic will still be an amazing quad to have, so I'm really excited. I think even with a wearable bracelet or some other device, some of the switchbacks in the woods could cause issues as it's trying to follow.

At the end of the day, you either need good gps signal and connection, or a system that can recognise the thing it's tracking, and keep up with it. Mebbe it'll improve in the course of the next few years, but as of the moment I can't see it being good enough.
That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the mavic can produce with it's new ability to recognise people, vehicles etc. Will be the thing that sways me into buying one or not.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one. The cost was easy enough to stomach, and the portability is amazing. That with all the other features crammed into it, it seems like sure thing.

The portability would be a massive bonus for me. Missed the boat on getting an early pre order in now, so will sit it out and see how things go with real world reports while I save up lol.

Hello I just joined up and pre-ordered a Mavic This is a small aircraft and I have a whole bunch of reading to do My grand son helped me with the FAA and this web site now I have to figure it out This sure seems to be able to do lots of things

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello I just joined up and pre-ordered a Mavic This is a small aircraft and I have a whole bunch of reading to do My grand son helped me with the FAA and this web site now I have to figure it out This sure seems to be able to do lots of things

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you are new to quads.. Buy a Hubsan or something equal and fly it until your Mavic arrives. When you get the Mavic it will be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy

If you are new to quads.. Buy a Hubsan or something equal and fly it until your Mavic arrives. When you get the Mavic it will be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy
I totally agree with m0j0, I started with a syma x5sw and got pretty good and crashed many times. These small light crafts can take a beating and just keep flying. Better to learn on a cheap bird and really put through it's paces. Now I can really fly my P4 in atti, I fly my phantom it does not fly me (unless I want it to).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik