New DJI go 4 app and More Channels Hack

Question: assuming that this extends the usable band, by how much does it extend the frequency range?

I wonder how it copes with switching between 2.4 and 5.8 switching on the phantom 4 Pro?? Jackiedh did you notice any degradation on your video link at distances? I'm going to install it after I do some long range testing first, if there no problems I'll leave it as is,
I'm getting 26400' on my P4 had her out twice so far at almost exactly 3.4 miles I call that good in my book, but than again I'm in wide open country also, so if my P4P does as good that will be good enough for me! Now when my Mavic Pro which is ""supposed"" to go a little farther comes in and actually DOES go a little farther I'll be a really happy camper!!! And this is all stock! I don't see a need to go into range boosters or anything like that unless I'm in heavy trees or the city.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wonder how it copes with switching between 2.4 and 5.8 switching on the phantom 4 Pro?? Jackiedh did you notice any degradation on your video link at distances? I'm going to install it after I do some long range testing first, if there no problems I'll leave it as is,
I'm getting 26400' on my P4 had her out twice so far at almost exactly 3.4 miles I call that good in my book, but than again I'm in wide open country also, so if my P4P does as good that will be good enough for me! Now when my Mavic Pro which is ""supposed"" to go a little farther comes in and actually DOES go a little farther I'll be a really happy camper!!! And this is all stock! I don't see a need to go into range boosters or anything like that unless I'm in heavy trees or the city.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

No I didn't

Jack

Has anyone tried this hack on the P4P+?? Is the OS too locked down for it to work? I'd love to add those extra channels on mine.

For Android:

32 ch hack

Be sure to use the proper directory for DJI GO 4...

I can confirm it shows all 32 channels after I did the hack on DJI GO 4 4.0.6. I CANNOT confirm how well it works... I have to test it myself... But, I would doubt it would show all 32 channels being available and then NOT having them be... So I can only assume it works.

But, considering how un-allocated a lot of the extra channels are here in the USA, I can only imagine it being a huge benefit to those that need to fly near frequency congested locales... And how much better it will be since all the extra channels are in the 2.4GHz band, so longer distances without interference is probably the result.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20