New DJI F450 build

Reaction score
i just finished my first F450 build.
Started with a DJI ARF kit with E300 motors and ESC's . I used the Naza M and radio receiver from my FC40 and bought a Naza lite combo with gps module and led. I used the gps and led on the F450 and installed the Naza lite in the Phantom.

I then transplanted my PMU ,mini Osd and Walkera gimbal onto my new quad.
Went outside and flew her for a few minutes . I was happy to get it in the air without crashing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYid6bFKmuY[/youtube]

Looks good, I think you will need more rope :) Are you able to move the battery aft a bit to balance for the camera and gimbal being forward? You will find building these things is habit forming!

yes,the mount slides front to back to get it balanced ,i have to get the FPV mounted,there is a little mount in the back for that.
i like to tie them down after making any major upgrades. just in case something goes wrong.

Nice, now go fly! Here is my current little fleet. I am always tinkering and rebuilding.

4732834_orig.jpg

jimandsue60 said:
Nice, now go fly! Here is my current little fleet. I am always tinkering and rebuilding.

4732834_orig.jpg

great looking fleet.
what props /batteries are you using?
also Naza gain settings.

I tried to go fly my new build today,but there was too much wind.so i stayed in the back yard. adjusted my gains with the X1 channel of the radio.
i have been playing with the COG settings also
with the landing gear and gimbal/camera the center of gravity seems to be below the bottom plate a couple inches. just about have it dialed in now. with

Here are the gains i came up with e300 motors and stock 9 inch props with a Multistar 3s 4000 mah a little mushy feeling but steady.
with a Multistar 4s 5200 mah and the same gain settings it shook bad with the stock props.I tried a set of phantom 8 inch and it settled in.

DJI called for gains of
150 150 100 105
150 150
I couldn't get her to stop oscillating with these settings.

i ended up with
95 95 100 105

110 110
from what I've been seeing these numbers are low
could they be this far off?

jimandsue60 said:

4732834_orig.jpg

How do You like those aluminum arm on the one on the right. Im getting ready to build a f550 and I am looking at getting those arms before I build it.

Tallyrver said:
I tried to go fly my new build today,but there was too much wind.so i stayed in the back yard. adjusted my gains with the X1 channel of the radio.
i have been playing with the COG settings also
with the landing gear and gimbal/camera the center of gravity seems to be below the bottom plate a couple inches. just about have it dialed in now. with

Here are the gains i came up with e300 motors and stock 9 inch props with a Multistar 3s 4000 mah a little mushy feeling but steady.
with a Multistar 4s 5200 mah and the same gain settings it shook bad with the stock props.I tried a set of phantom 8 inch and it settled in.

DJI called for gains of
150 150 100 105
150 150
I couldn't get her to stop oscillating with these settings.

i ended up with
95 95 100 105

110 110
from what I've been seeing these numbers are low
could they be this far off?

I have found the default gains a bit to high also. If it flies good stay with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic