New DJI Agras MG-1

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A new platform for agricultural spraying released by DJI...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For all those farmers who shoot down Phantoms, have fun with this BEAST of a multirotor.

Can it deliver ladybugs and other pest eating "good" insects instead of just spraying more chemicals on the crops we eat?... I wonder if Monsanto gave them a bit of $$ for development costs....

I wonder if that falls within the FAA's definition of commercial use of a drone, and thereby requiring the 333 exemption and licensed pilot.

I wonder if that falls within the FAA's definition of commercial use of a drone, and thereby requiring the 333 exemption and licensed pilot.
Yes, it does. Any drone used for any agricultural purpose is considered commercial use and requires and exemption.

This sounds like a terrorist's wet dream. Spray some anthrax? Heck even if someone sprayed tap water out of it over a crowd think of the hysteria that would follow.

I really hope it doesn't come to this...

This sounds like a terrorist's wet dream. Spray some anthrax? Heck even if someone sprayed tap water out of it over a crowd think of the hysteria that would follow.

That is why the registration process and "drone crack down" is so ridiculous... if a bad person wants to do bad, they will!

Reactions: stulpin300m
A new platform for agricultural spraying released by DJI...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
There should be nets dropped from this quadcopter to catch Eagles

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can it deliver ladybugs and other pest eating "good" insects instead of just spraying more chemicals on the crops we eat?... I wonder if Monsanto gave them a bit of $$ for development costs....
What makes you think Lady bugs are a "good" solution? They are a horrible infesting pest that invade not only forests but homes themselves. They stink like crap and are impossible to get rid of. The aphids they eat are at least naturally occurring. They are a non-indigenous invasive species with zero natural predators. Not a good solution, take it from someone who has to live with this dumb idea. Nearly as dumb as introducing Kudzu.....

Reactions: dirkclod
What makes you think Lady bugs are a "good" solution? They are a horrible infesting pest that invade not only forests but homes themselves. They stink like crap and are impossible to get rid of. The aphids they eat are at least naturally occurring. They are a non-indigenous invasive species with zero natural predators. Not a good solution, take it from someone who has to live with this dumb idea. Nearly as dumb as introducing Kudzu.....
Take it from a log home owner that has biblical size swarms of ladybugs and stinkbugs in the fall and carpenter bees in the spring. Get yourself a 2-gal pressure sprayer and some Temprid SC.

Reactions: dirkclod
Take it from a log home owner that has biblical size swarms of ladybugs and stinkbugs in the fall and carpenter bees in the spring. Get yourself a 2-gal pressure sprayer and some Temprid SC.
As a cedar home owner living in the middle of a 240,000 acre piece of the Shawnee National Forest thank you for the input. We've tried every non chemical attack plan including traps and vacuuming every day. Last year we WD-40d every stinking carpenter bee hole. They hardly noticed. I assume you just liberally spray the trim around the windows and doors.
OP and Mods sorry for the hijack but please let this slip through. LOL.

Dang, a lot of very paranoid people around here!

Lol.

Yeah, count on it. Something terrible will happen again, and again, and again and one day this Earth will not exist but we can't worry about everything or the blink you're here will be very worrisome.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic