New controller with P2V

Reaction score
I bought a NPVT-581 off eBay with hopes of using it with my P2V. I can get it to fly the P2V but I can't get it to control the gimbal correctly. I did bind the controller to the drone and changed the controller to advance in Assistant but the finger wheel won't correctly operate the camera tilt. It will usually tilt down but will not return. If I try to calibrate the it in assistant it will only move in one direction and is erratic.. Any ideas? do I have a bad transmitter?

Thanks...Jon

There are 2 sets of software for the phantom 2 vision, one is the transmitter assistant (RC assistant) and the other is the Phantom assistant, have you calibrated the transmitter in the RC assistant and then in the phantom assistant, they do work as i have the upgraded controller on mine and it works fine.

Also please be aware that with the upgraded controller the camera will always go to the down position when you power on the quad, again its not a fault just DJI never bothered to fix the issue.

I did a video on my channel about that issue,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jhall
Did it work correctly with the old controller? I have to wonder whether the gimbal motor is out of sync due to a crash or an overzealous push with your finger...

My experience is - if you have the controller on when you turn the Phantom on, the Phantom camera will move into the down position and stay there. But if you have the controller off, when you turn the Phantom on, the Phantom camera will go down but then go all the way up to the high position and stay there.

So you can use these to "test" the gimbal's high and low settings.

Reactions: dirkclod and jhall

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers