New Controler on P2

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to bind the new radio/Tx (new camera control wheel) with a P2, not Vision? I cannot get it to pair/bind. Thx much.

I have the 5.8 new radio. DJIquadzilla, what procedure did you use to bind the P2 V2?

DJIquadzilla said:
I have a p2 v2 non vision and hd-3d gimbal works perfect with wheel

Turn on the P2 without turning on the TX. (No Props,please...) Turn it over and you can see a red light. This red light is also a button. Push the button with something like a pencil point. Turn on the TX. Push the button again... Turn off the P2, turn off the TX and then turn on the TX, turn on the P2... you should be good to go.

tx-bind-button.jpg

This is not the official method, since I don't know what the official method is... But I DO know this works as I figured it out two days ago... Works a charm... :D

Whoops... found the Youtube...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYic0Z6fZ8w[/youtube]

-slinger

Re: New Controller on P2

I saw this thread and I was curious to see if anyone has experience with linking the new tilt wheel controller to a P2 V1? the reason I ask is because I bought the new controller and used DJI's procedure to link it. However after pressing the link indicator LED/link button on the P2 to initiate the linking procedure the link LED starts out flashing red and then after the TX is turned on the LED goes out instead of turning solid green to indicate it is linked successfully. I tested the P2 with the props off and it responds properly to the new remote but I was a little nervous to fly because I thought that the link indicator LED/link button should be solid green when linked to the TX properly.

bschaub said:
I have the 5.8 new radio. DJIquadzilla, what procedure did you use to bind the P2 V2?

A 5.8GHz radio will not bind with the non-vision P2 as it is 2.4GHz.

Re: New Controller on P2

jsob said:
I saw this thread and I was curious to see if anyone has experience with linking the new tilt wheel controller to a P2 V1? the reason I ask is because I bought the new controller and used DJI's procedure to link it. However after pressing the link indicator LED/link button on the P2 to initiate the linking procedure the link LED starts out flashing red and then after the TX is turned on the LED goes out instead of turning solid green to indicate it is linked successfully. I tested the P2 with the props off and it responds properly to the new remote but I was a little nervous to fly because I thought that the link indicator LED/link button should be solid green when linked to the TX properly.

I had exactly the same issue and I've test flown the aircraft twice now with no problems at all... You should be good to go...

-slinger

Well here is a problem that I just caught. The existing controller is 2.4 and the new one is 5.8. Is there anyway to change the new controller freq? Thx much for everyone's support so far.

Sorry, not easily, as it is more than just a software setting.

You could however, get a 5.8GHz receiver, but if you have 5.8GHz FPV, you would need to change this as well.

Best bet would be to try to swap the TX for a 2.4GHz version.

my V2 controller should be here tomorrow, can't wait :)

ianwood said:
bschaub said:

A 5.8GHz radio will not bind with the non-vision P2 as it is 2.4GHz.

That was my exact thought. I didn't realize you need to specify which you need, a 5.8 or a 2.4 ghz radio.

My P2 came with an extra controller (new version with the wheel). Paired them, works great!
(haven't tried the camera tilt yet though)

What I have learned. There are two versions of the new controller; 5.8 and 2.4. Make sure that you are purchasing the correct version which you should be able to ascertain by looking at the label on your current controller. The fine folks at Drones ETC are exchanging my 5.8 controller for the correct 2.4.

Thank you folks again for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.