New competition for the Phantom Vision

Reaction score
While reading a "whacky products of CES 2014" article I came across a reference to the Toruk by AEE. Very little information in the article itself other than they're suggesting a list price of $900. If everything else is equal, that'll put a dent in Phantom sales...

3208975853.jpg

I did find this Chinese-language website but the sales placard is in English and lists these features:
  • Camera control over Wi-Fi to a mobile App
  • 500' altitude
  • 1080i 60 and 1080p 30 video
  • 120 degree field of view
  • 4 (!) 3300mAh batteries, 25 min flight time each
  • Auto return-to-home, auto hover
  • 'Rain-proof'

Article here: http://tech.sina.com.cn/digi/dv/2014-01-08/09275865522.shtml

Most of those features ought to be familiar to PV fliers ;) I suspect the flight time for a 3300 mAh batter is a bit optimistic and I'm not sure about the benefits of flying in the rain but in a year there may be any number of GPS stabilized quads for sale (which can only mean lower prices for future buyers)

Interesting but of course others will follow but for me at this time DJI are ahead of the game.. It will sure be good for us all as the pressure will be on to develop new features, and for starters please give us the Ground station we are waiting for DJI

The 500' altitude I would suspect that to be the Max range of this quad and the flight time of 25 minutes on 3300 mAh is optimistic to say the least ! Thanks for sharing EyeUpHigh

I wonder how light the thing is if it can get 25 minutes from 3300mah.

I wonder how long it'll take them before putting a spring-centered throttle by default.

It's great to see competition, but the competition is not for me... yet.

Many thousands of Euro's with the complete surveying package and that thing is huge :shock:

EyeUpHigh said:
While reading a "whacky products of CES 2014" article I came across a reference to the Toruk by AEE. Very little information in the article itself other than they're suggesting a list price of $900. If everything else is equal, that'll put a dent in Phantom sales...

Looks like my Hubsan micro after a very high calorie diet and a bucketful of anabolic steroids!

Pull_Up said:
EyeUpHigh said:

Looks like my Hubsan micro after a very high calorie diet and a bucketful of anabolic steroids!

It's just a close up of a Hubsan only the controller is now shrunk

Pull_Up said:
EyeUpHigh said:

Looks like a blimp with props. Not gonna win many beauty contests. Is that an FPV screen up on top of the TX???

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic