New camera lens?

Reaction score
I saw a site that was selling new lenses for the p3a. Has anyone tried these... also can you replace a camera with a new one?

Cool. Thanks for sharing that link. I hadn't heard of this before. The guy in the video didn't seem very concerned about being careful around the sensor. Also, focusing seems sort of primitive. I guess with trial and error you could get it, but wouldn't the focus drift?

All that being said, why do I want to try one so badly? I just think it's cool to have an option to dismantle the camera and have a choice of lenses. I'd want the weight to match closely enough so that counter balancing was not required. I don't know if it is required or not, just something to consider.

Last edited:
I've researched them and got a couple emails back from them. You can see the basic difference in his lenses because they are a high quality glass lens, but... Is it really worth it? This was the question that kept rolling over with me. I was going to buy the 4.35mm lens because it's on sale and then didn't because the page wouldn't let me buy it. So it's on my mind but I'm happy with what I have and for 20° and after watching his video a few times, I just don't have a need. I think it comes out to about a 7% zoom so it's not much. Really take a look at your videos and then watch the one posted above. I bought this open box for my A600 for $129 instead; and if you research there are a lot of better options then just getting an extra 7% for $100 bucks, the price just doesn't pay for what you get compared to what we have already -
Amazon.com : Sony 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Compact Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Digital SLR Camera : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj