New Camera Adapter?

Reaction score
Could someone let me know if there will be a new camera adapter coming out for the Phantom Vision Plus? I have been super happy with the reliability of the drone (over a hundred flights with no issues), but the camera is so **** crappy....so crappy.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

What do you mean by camera adapter ?,

As for the camera, what makes it crappy, ive seen many videos from the P2V+ and the quality is fantastic, much like the standard vision camera without the roll, have you got the settings on the app set to the lowest resolution ? try changing it to 1080p.

crash1sttime said:
What do you mean by camera adapter ?,

As for the camera, what makes it crappy, ive seen many videos from the P2V+ and the quality is fantastic, much like the standard vision camera without the roll, have you got the settings on the app set to the lowest resolution ? try changing it to 1080p.

Adapter as in ability to change the camera out for something like maybe a GoPro ect...Or are we stuck with this camera for good unless we buy a whole new quad copter?

Ya I've read a lot into improving camera quality and have done necessary steps to improve it, but I still feel the quality is sub par...

rbhamilton said:
These guys have one out. Not cheap but it lets you use a GoPro with your bird.

http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/

I've converted, but not the expensive $400 drone expert way. I've just redirected and removed some wifi module cables and purchased a $10 P2 H33D Zenmuse gimbal cable.

My Vision+ has the H3-3D and GoPro 3+BE. Love it. It has the best of all worlds. Even better is that I can do 1080 30fps vids and take interval stills at the same time.

I think its actually cheaper. Why?
Because I'm no longer stuck with the $700-$800 proprietary Vision+ Camera. I can unmount the GoPro and use it for another purpose, whereas the camera on the Vision is stuck to doing forever aerials. This why its cheaper - I don't factor in the GoPro cost.

Also, the vision+ camera is not built for purpose. The camera is held the motors magnets and by a friction press fit shaft. I few bump landings and you get tilt. I wont go into detail about tearing a flex ribbon cable after a crash because we know that the phantom vision + was NOT designed to crash in the first place.

I sold my Vision camera and gimbal and upgraded to the H3-3D for the same price. The P2 cable kit is $10 for the conversion.

Mako79 said:
rbhamilton said:

I've converted.
My Vision+ has the H3-3D and GoPro 3+BE. Love it. It has the best of all worlds. Even better is that I can do 1080 30fps vids and take interval stills at the same time.

Because I'm no longer stuck with the $700-$800 proprietary Vision+ Camera. I can unmount the GoPro and use it for another purpose, whereas the camera on the Vision is stuck to doing forever aerials. This why its cheaper - I don't factor in the GoPro cost.

Also, the vision+ camera is not built for purpose. The camera is held the motors magnets and by a friction press fit shaft. I few bump landings and you get tilt. I wont go into detail about tearing a flex ribbon cable after a crash because we know that the phantom vision + was NOT designed to crash in the first place.

I sold my Vision camera and gimbal and upgraded to the H3-3D for the same price. The P2 cable kit is $10 for the conversion.

I decided to purchase one after I had some issues with my original V2+ camera.

Its awesome!:)

I find that I've become dependent on FPV for still and video composition, etc. and cannot imagine flying without it.
Do you fly blind, or have ALV58 / equivalent?

Mako79 said:
rbhamilton said:

I've converted, but not the expensive $400 drone expert way. I've just redirected and removed some wifi module cables and purchased a $10 P2 H33D Zenmuse gimbal cable.

Bateman233 said:
Could someone let me know if there will be a new camera adapter coming out for the Phantom Vision Plus? I have been super happy with the reliability of the drone (over a hundred flights with no issues), but the camera is so **** crappy....so crappy.

I am quite impressed with the camera on my Phantom (2V+). For such a small camera it does a great job. Why do you feel it is "crappy"? What are you evaluation criteria? From your other posts it sounds like you are more concerned with the mount than the camera (which is more understandable). I think the camera itself works and records very well.

I'm still waiting for DJI to design a Nikon mount for the S1000, but that is another world (several thousand $$).

I also modified my Vision+ with H3-3D Gimbal and GoPro 4. I have done a mod so I still get FPV video and telemetry in the DJI app (same as Vision+). Did my first night flight tonight...VERY happy with the results!

For those that have converted the vision + to full FPV with a gopro could you please explain how you did it as I am stumped on how to proceed with my conversion. I do not want to go the dronexpert way

Thanks!

Bateman233 said:

do you work for a tv or movie company because the quality of the camera is excellent for amateur enthusiasts i really cant understand why you would call it crappy. i think a lot of people are hung up on go pro's but they are noy that much better.

TuT said:
I also modified my Vision+ with H3-3D Gimbal and GoPro 4. I have done a mod so I still get FPV video and telemetry in the DJI app (same as Vision+). Did my first night flight tonight...VERY happy with the results!

Hi Tut,

I am interested to do this do, can tell us how to do this mod ?

ELHEAPO said:
Bateman233 said:

do you work for a tv or movie company because the quality of the camera is excellent for amateur enthusiasts i really cant understand why you would call it crappy. i think a lot of people are hung up on go pro's but they are noy that much better.

Go pro is better for night flying. I also think the quality of the vision plus camera is average. I do most of my flying in the evening time and I'm limited because the camera

I'll had been planning to do the go pro swap on my vision ,but instead I bought a inspire. Hopefully that has better night quality

cheong said:
TuT said:

Hi Tut,

I am interested to do this do, can tell us how to do this mod ?

It works with android.
For IOS, if you get the busy circular icon, swipe to ground station and back.

No soldering required if you are doing H3-3d with gopro 3/4.
You will need the part 3 cables from the phantom 2 non vision. This needs to be its length.
I'm running mine without the interference board for now. I can install one later as they are just extensions of the 8 pin board.
Basically, you tear split the 3 gray cables that come from the phantom to the Gimbal board.
Leave the cable that is plugged into the wifi and plug the other end into the CAM port.
Then take the Phantom 2 part 3 number and plug that into the Zenmuse 8piin port and the other end into the gimbal.

Here is the excerpt from RCgroups
Read it backwards.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 15&page=18

If you think that the goPro won't be enough of an improvement there's always this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_9xwHbNOB4[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4