New brushless gimbal

The Ebay ad shows the weight as 400g. Is that correct? it seems high compared to others.

You know what, I never even thought about checking that. I changed from a ContourGPS camera (heavier) to a GoPro3 silver and I get a little longer flight time so I'm happy.

Denverwetbiker said:
Here's a link to the same one I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321220850968?ss ... 1436.l2649

Very easy to hook up, and I used the acc. power lead inside the phantom to power it. It doesn't come with the connection to manually tilt up and down but shows you where to install it on the board. I will be doing that after I get a FPV transmitter.

400g! That thing is twice the weight of the Tarot gimbal and 1/3 of the weight of the Phantom. For that amount of weight you are looking at a flight time reduction of 2-3 minutes.

It can't be that heavy, I still get 9 min of flight time even at 5300 ft. Maybe I will have to take it off and find out how heavy it is...

justsomeguy said:
Denverwetbiker said:
You know what, I never even thought about checking that. I changed from a ContourGPS camera (heavier) to a GoPro3 silver and I get a little longer flight time so I'm happy.

Yeah, it's twice the weight of comparable gimbals (Tarot) but if you're happy with the results then there's nothing to be concerned about.

Is this the same guy. :lol:

justsomeguy said:
Weight weenies get off on counting grams. I get that. It's the same for the weight weenie riders who obsess about how much their gear weighs.

justsomeguy said:
Ok, I get it. You're REALLY sensitive about gram counting and your toy. Conversely, there are plenty of normal folks out there that just chuckle at that kind of goofiness.

justsomeguy said:
Don't know and don't care as long as I can snag the shots that I need. Haven't been overloaded to the point of weight being a problem, yet.

Gram counting does seem to be a associated past time for many folks though.

justsomeguy said:
Keep counting those grams and trying to feel important though! Meanwhile, normal folks will continue to sit back and chuckle at your obsessions revolving around a toy.

p.s. stop sending the creepy/freaky pictures already. I told you in no uncertain terms that I'm not interested.

Has his typical delusions at the end so it must be but I swear I thought you never weighed anything or cared about the weight as its not relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3489&start=10

Unlike JSG seems to think weight isnt an issue with a phantom it can only lift so much so if you go for extras that are too heavy you will sacrifice a lot in flight time. Though it depends on which JSG that is as sometimes weight is an issue and other times its not. But he is a forum troll 90% of the time so at least that is consistant with him if nothing else.

justsomeguy said:
Denverwetbiker said:

Yeah, it's twice the weight of comparable gimbals (Tarot) but if you're happy with the results then there's nothing to be concerned about.

Is this the same guy. :lol:

justsomeguy said:
Weight weenies get off on counting grams. I get that. It's the same for the weight weenie riders who obsess about how much their gear weighs.

justsomeguy said:
Ok, I get it. You're REALLY sensitive about gram counting and your toy. Conversely, there are plenty of normal folks out there that just chuckle at that kind of goofiness.

justsomeguy said:
Don't know and don't care as long as I can snag the shots that I need. Haven't been overloaded to the point of weight being a problem, yet.

Gram counting does seem to be a associated past time for many folks though.

justsomeguy said:
Keep counting those grams and trying to feel important though! Meanwhile, normal folks will continue to sit back and chuckle at your obsessions revolving around a toy.

p.s. stop sending the creepy/freaky pictures already. I told you in no uncertain terms that I'm not interested.

Has his typical delusions at the end so it must be but I swear I thought you never weighed anything or cared about the weight as its not relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3489&start=10

Unlike JSG seems to think weight isnt an issue with a phantom it can only lift so much so if you go for extras that are too heavy you will sacrifice a lot in flight time. Though it depends on which JSG that is as sometimes weight is an issue and other times its not. But he is a forum troll 90% of the time so at least that is consistant with him if nothing else.

If you get good stable shots and flight time is enough for you as is flying performance then your all good.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31