New board and case...won't connect to app

Reaction score
Recently replaced the board on my p3 standard and case. Power up is good and re paired the controller to the drone but the app won't connect to the drone. Part repairs were due to a crash and I believe camera may be damaged as well. Would damaged camera prevent app from connecting to view drone vitals ??

Yes, the telemetry data(wifi) comes from camera. If you fly the ac without camera attached, no telemetry. If Im wrong, others will chime in Im sure.

@rdgerber2
Welcome to the forum!

@stuka75,
I think your correct.

@rdgerber2
You must have a working gimbal?
I recalled without a gimbal you would not be able to re link the remote to the phantom. Unless you never lost the link, in other words people have not been able to re link phantoms and remotes when they had changed the gimbal or remote (different mac address).

#1 is both the light on the remote and status light near link light on the Phantom both green?, were they every red?
#2 Your mobile device is connecting to the remote? App is working just no Telemetry or video? (Says that on the app)?

Rod

@rdgerber2
Welcome to the forum!

@stuka75,
I think your correct.

@rdgerber2
You must have a working gimbal?
I recalled without a gimbal you would not be able to re link the remote to the phantom. Unless you never lost the link, in other words people have not been able to re link phantoms and remotes when they had changed the gimbal or remote (different mac address).

#1 is both the light on the remote and status light near link light on the Phantom both green?, were they every red?
#2 Your mobile device is connecting to the remote? App is working just no Telemetry or video? (Says that on the app)?

Rod
The board was bought from ebay so it def had a different controller. I did the link procedure, press the button inside case with paper clip, hold gimbal button to left and cycle switch 3 times. After this indicators lights on drone changed to colors saying compass needs calibrated. Rebooted everything and phone connects to drones WiFi but never let's me click on equipment button. Camera is definitely damaged as it's not centering (if anyone has a camera for sale conntact me). I would like to just test new board and try to hover without camera if it's possible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.