New bird arrived...can't load firmware

Reaction score
So my P3A arrived today. I'm trying to upgrade the firmware and apparently I'm a fuckin idiot and can't figure any of it out. Nothing on the tutorial with this bin file and all that matches what I have. No root file on my SD card like it states. So, whatever. Don't know what to do. Right now it's just a boat anchor and I'm about to throw it in the lake. I have a Windows machine.

It prompted me to upgrade the RC which i did. But apparently I need to put a .bin file on the SD card and it will update the aircraft. That's where I'm at. I can't get this .bin file on there. Countdown to boat anchor has commenced.

It sounds a bit different than my Standard in flight. It doesn't hold like the Standard did. Hopefully it's a matter of...who the hell knows. I need to fly tomorrow to see what's up.

It doesn't hold as in hover steady? Did you do an IMU calibration after installing the firmware?

I haven't calibrated the IMU. I will before doing an actual flight. I just popped it up to 10 feet and tested the controls. I'm not messing around anymore at night. It just seemed to want to move backwards a tad.

I definitely recommend calibrating the IMU before your first flight. It's important to do it on a completely level surface.

10-4. I will. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm tired and have a headache and need to get up in six hours. Thanks for your help brother.

And compass calibration. :). And maybe look through the manual.

Really? I can't find the compass. Is it under the hood? What color is it, green like the one I had in the Army? Can you remove it and use it for land navigation when I go hiking too?

My bad dude. Let me check the manual. It should say. That's the little booklet with all the pictures in it, right? Because I can't read very well. I need pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: dewaynet
you will like it way more than the standard. I started with the standard and thought i was happy but sold it and bought the Pro, much better, more distance, no video feed chopping all the time.. just seems better. I know you have the advance, but theres not much difference at all between advance and pro..biggest difference you will like is the light bridge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic