New Battery

ULI RAY said:
how do you break in new battery?

I wasn't even aware it was recommended to do so! (and way too anxious to fly once I unboxed mine).
all I read was that it's best to keep the batteries at 50% if you plan to store long-term. - which aint gunna happen considering how much fun I'm having.

A bit of googling the subject recommends taking it easy and not to push the load too much.
but it's too late for that in my case. wonder how much true damage I might have done by simply flying mine regularly from the start (until the red light flashes)

that's what happened to me too but got new a couple of turnigy and don't want to do same damage but how you know how much is too much when we don't have a good radio with volt monitor?

The lipo battery will reach its full potential after 5-10 cycles of normal use. No break-in needed but you want to let it cool down before you charge it. Balancing is more important afterward though.
The brush motor can be broken in by attaching a single D battery and dunk the motor in the water while running. People believe that doing so will break-in the motor because the brush will seat well on the amateur shaft as the evident of carbon dust in the water after the session.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj