New Battery | Red Error Light

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm flying a P2 with Gimbal. I just got a new battery and when I put it in, I get the solid red error light.

The old battery works just fine and they appear identical.

Any ideas?

There is a bit of a time situation here as I am leaving for Africa on Friday to shoot documentary footage and I'm planning to bring the Phantom with me to get some aerial shots of the Zambezi River.

Jeff

Jeff have you tried to charge the new battery? Try it and see if the P2 will start up after a top off charge. If not take the battery out and turn it on as you normally do then while it's on plug it into the P2 and see if you can start it up. Make sure to remove the props before doing this.

Jeff have you tried to charge the new battery? Try it and see if the P2 will start up after a top off charge. If not take the battery out and turn it on as you normally do then while it's on plug it into the P2 and see if you can start it up. Make sure to remove the props before doing this.

Hi --

Thanks for the reply. I did charge it, and after it didn't work I put it on the charger again.

I'll try your idea of plugging it in while on (with props off). Thanks for the tip.

Jeff

Hi --

Thanks for the reply. I did charge it, and after it didn't work I put it on the charger again.

I'll try your idea of plugging it in while on (with props off). Thanks for the tip.

Jeff

Let us know if it works.

Jeff have you checked the two info pins under the battery terminals that they both are working correctly as they are spring loaded. Is that a DJI battery or after market?

Jason,

It is DJI --althoughI bought it from a supplier on Amazon.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the info pins. Are they right next to where the charger plugs in?

Jeff

Jason,

It is DJI --althoughI bought it from a supplier on Amazon.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the info pins. Are they right next to where the charger plugs in?

Jeff

Those pins are on the in P2 battery compartment right under the main power terminals. They are spring loaded and have to make connect with the two copper pads on the battery.

Plug the battery in, plug the Phantom into a PC and power it on.

Use the Phantom PC software to look at the battery status... it maybe bad and the software will tell you.

So apparently this is not a DJI intelligent battery --I bought it on Amazon, and I'm returning it. I'm pretty much out of time for this now. I will be going to Africa with only one battery, which is unfortunate.

On the positive side, I did get FPV up and running so that is something.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Jeff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers