New Battery Only give me Solid Red Lights Won't Start.

Reaction score
I purchased a brand new standard phantom battery and it only gives me solid red lights.
The only difference I noticed is that where the 2 small pins connect to the battery the little gold colored connectors are little round circle rather then the normal oblong connectors. Problem is the bird won't do anything. My other batteries work great. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.

The OEM P3 battery does not have round connectors. Are you sure it's a DJI battery?

I did not say P3, P2 vision see pictures below. The Phantom turns on and goes through the start up sequence but then goes to solid red lights

Attachments

• IMG_2468.JPG
    IMG_2468.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 470
That doesn't look like an OEM battery... see the 6000 mAh on the left battery?

Yes I know that however it does say Phantom on the battery exactly like the OEM and all setup and it fits and turns on and is fully charged. I just thought I would try one. Got a full refund, but just wondered if anyone else got one and if so if they got it to work.
Thanks for your imput.

Some of the old P2 batteries do have round connectors. DJI redesigned them mid-release.

There are lots of knock-off P2 batteries available. And, as you found, some look very close to an OEM battery. If you must go 3rd party, then check out the Limefuel battery. People generally have good experiences with them.

Whom did you purchase the battery from? Was it a DJI authorized dealer?
I have seen a battery similar to the 6000mAh, with the phantom logo on it, and it was not an OEM battery, so who knows!
At least you got your money back.

I did purchase a 6KmAh battery from Limefule, and no problem with my P2 powering up, and the assistant indicates it is a DJI battery with 6000mAh capacity.
Haven't flown it yet though but plan to do some low alt. flying to test it out, before I go crazy.

I am having the same issue. Only red lights. Battery shows 4 green lights of fully charged. The assistant software (2.0) shows zero on all three cells. It starts up fine with all sounds, will start, but not take off. My old battery has the round connectors and the new one have the square, just like the picture above. It is the Phantom 5200mAh battery and I bought it off Amazon from DJI Global. Bought it in November and just now trying it out. The assistant software shows one discharge, which I guess that is correct as I toped it off yesterday before trying to fly. Running the old 1.08 software on the bird. Old battery is swolen, but powers up correctly and showes properly in the assistant software. Help!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20