New Battery from DJI doesn't set properly

Reaction score
I ordered a new battery from DJI through the apple 50% discount and thought that was a nice thing for them to do. but when I recieved it I charged it and attempted to put it on my Phantom 4. Someone new might think that was how it should be but there is a defect in how it clicks in. I'm sending it back for replacement but thought people here should know. be careful out there!!

What exactly is the defect?

Do you have a tiny tiny gap? I have the same thing on my new p4 I just got. Post a pic of your issue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

isn't a gap ... I can push it in but with a little pressure on the top it pops back out... how do I insert a pic on here? I have a video too but can't seem to attach it

This image is after a little pressure pushing down on it slightly. it makes a strange click when I put it in for the first time unlike the other 2 batteries I have. contacted DJI and then wanted a video...

Attachments

• IMG_8888.JPG
    IMG_8888.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 458
Saw your video....Yeah, don't fly with that battery!

if you compare side by side with a battery that works, are the clips longer or less sticking out? does the battery sit flat on a flat surface? anything different? perhaps a different height?

We can see it :)

That wouldn't be much fun if it came out mid-flight. If you add a little more force does it fully -click'? Mine take a lot of force to 'CLICK'.

**** that doesn't look good lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It will click in but didn't feel right or sound right. As you see with a little pressure it pops out. I wouldn't want to take the chance and feel others should know this could be a problem!

I bet the "tab" that is supposed to interlock into the P4 at the top is slightly shorter than the earlier runs.
So the top tab does not stay engaged. Even small differences in tolerances when injection molding the battery case can cause this.

I ordered a new battery from DJI through the apple 50% discount and thought that was a nice thing for them to do. but when I recieved it I charged it and attempted to put it on my Phantom 4. Someone new might think that was how it should be but there is a defect in how it clicks in. I'm sending it back for replacement but thought people here should know. be careful out there!!
Yep...I have learned the hard way...battery departure, I always put a strip of packing tape to secure the battery as extra insurance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik