New Battery firmware upgrade question

Reaction score
My P3A, RC, and original batteries are current on firmware. I just purchased a new battery that needs an update. I read a previous thread that said just to insert the battery and slid something over on my DJI GO app where it says the battery needs a firmware update and it would update. Is this correct or do I need to download the latest firmware on SD card and go thru the whole process as if I was updating the aircraft with the new battery in it?

Hi...hmm my not sure bought a battery from amazon yesterday...third party one..charged it and put it into the drone..fired up both litchi and dji go...says latest firmware installed..so I'm not sure , I guess if it works it works

My P3A, RC, and original batteries are current on firmware. I just purchased a new battery that needs an update. I read a previous thread that said just to insert the battery and slid something over on my DJI GO app where it says the battery needs a firmware update and it would update. Is this correct or do I need to download the latest firmware on SD card and go thru the whole process as if I was updating the aircraft with the new battery in it?
Go through the whole process as if you were updating the AC except with your current AC FW on the SD card. Once you power up your P3 with the new battery, the FW will install on the battery quickly. Its as simple as that.

I read a previous thread that said just to insert the battery and slid something over on my DJI GO app where it says the battery needs a firmware update and it would update.
You won't need to slide anything in DJI GO. The installation will be automatic as long as the BIN is in the root of your memory card. If a battery update needs to be installed, your Phantom will start beeping (like it normally does when installing firmware) shortly after you power it on. It should take less than a minute to install the battery firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1