New battery, do I have a bad cell?

Reaction score
I ordered a 2nd battery and it arrived on Friday, thinking it would need the latest update, I plugged it into the charger and brought it up to over 50%, put it into the bird and did the update.
After the update I was looking at a few things in the menus and I noticed the 2nd cell was .03 less than the others. Put it back on the charger and brought it up to full, as you can see, there is a .04 difference in the 2nd cell.

All cells are equal on my original battery.

Is this going to be a problem?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453088678.756304.jpg

Last edited:
go for a flight, take it easy and then upload your flightlog file to healthydrones.com. It will help you see your major cell deviations etc.

go for a flight, take it easy and then upload your flightlog file to healthydrones.com. It will help you see your major cell deviations etc.
I'm not sure when I will be able to do that. I live in the great white north, it is currently -21°C outside. The forecast doesn't look too promising for the next week or so.

maybe just top the battery off (plug it into charger then turn battery on) and then plug it into the quadcopter and turn on the motors (with the props on) and let it idle for 5 minutes or so, then upload the "flight" log to healthydrones. You need the props on because without them the motors will spin faster than they should.

My understanding is you have no worries unless the difference in cell charges is over 70 mv (.07 volts). And even then, a few of these is normal. This is according to what's written in the healthydrones site. While a difference of 40 mv on a new battery might be mildly disappointing, it's considered normal and nothing to worry about right now.

My understanding is you have no worries unless the difference in cell charges is over 70 mv (.07 volts). And even then, a few of these is normal. This is according to what's written in the healthydrones site. While a difference of 40 mv on a new battery might be mildly disappointing, it's considered normal and nothing to worry about right now.
Actually, you seem to be correct. His deviations were just on the bad side of 70 mV. Maybe OK, but I'd send it back. These things are too expensive to allow 'marginal',

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic