New battery causing P2 error.... please help!

Reaction score
I need help with an strange battery error! I recently purchased a new battery from DJI.com <http://dji.com/> and when I put it into my Phatom 2 or my friends P2+ it blinks one green 3 times red. It does not initialize at all. I am in remote part of nepal until june and was hoping I could get it working before then. Any ideas?”

Here is a video:

I could be wrong, but I think that means you don't have enough satellites. Try doing a compass calibration, then set it down and wait. Sometimes I have to wait a 1min or two.

I will take a look at the color codes for that and come back in a little bit.

Last edited:
what does the battery light look like? need a video of the battery light and the led on the phantom.

Also... are you in phantom mode or NAZA-M mode? the led codes are different.

only other things I can think of right now is is it very cold up there?
maybe it needs to warm up a bit.

Also, try cleaning the contacts on the battery and the phantom.

As far as those lights go, I have the same thing when I start up... 3 red flashes then a green. after say 30 secs, then its 2 red flashes and green flash, etc... until I get 3 green slow flashes. I always assumed it was looking for satellites.

That looks like Naza mode less than 6 Sats locked on. Each blink indicates 3 more sats needed for GPS flight

Thanks everybody for the input! I didn't take a picture of the battery, because if lights up normally...

So I tried what everybody suggested, l left it on longer and eventually it turned just solid red. Again as soon as I swap batteries I am up and running.. Any idea?

Excessive RF noise from the "faulty" battery circuitry maybe? Try a working battery with the faulty battery powered on and right next to the Phantom.. same result, flashing reds or a delay in getting a satellite fix?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav