New Backpack Phantom Carry Case

Reaction score
Picked up a sweet tactical backpack from eBay and a seller on here Ksc for $100

He provided me with uncut foam so that I could do it myself and configure with what I had. It turned out great!!!

Here is his current eBay auction... Not sure if he has it for sale on here...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-Tra ... 43c75685ec

Anyways, here is how mine turned out.

d41d0a95-546a-48e9-846f-ea8958db8141_zps7a70ac19.jpg

e1cac0f5-cd16-4fad-ae49-7c601d6f0616_zpsa3986c50.jpg

Very Nice!!!

Thats cool! I'm guessing the still filled area at the top is for the batteries?

What is the device in the bottom left hand corner? Silver with a red border

CharSiuFan said:

That, my friend, is an ImmersionRC 5.8 receiver.

2trickpony said:
CharSiuFan said:

That, my friend, is an ImmersionRC 5.8 receiver.

Yup, Exactly what it is. Duo5800 V2...

I have a lot of space left, haven't decided if I want to put the batteries there yet or not. I might want goggles one day and would want room for them.

Here is my super cheap setup. Just used the cardboard insert that came with the original box (with a few mods). So far it's worked very well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,933
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,077
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,909
CJ31 said:
Here is my super cheap setup. Just used the cardboard insert that came with the original box (with a few mods). So far it's worked very well.

Now this is a cool idea. Since I'm not a pro photog, I'm not into spending north of $160 for a case. I just want to be able to take my Phantom wherever we go on vacation and not worry about it getting beat up. I've been experimenting with an old Rubbermaid trunk I used to use when I was still working. Found an old backpack sleeping pad in my shed and started cutting it up to fit the box. So far, so good, but it looks butt-ugly... Works though. :oops:

But this looks even better! Let me finish my coffee here - and head out to my shop and rethink this project.

Thanks CJ. :D

No problem! Hope it works out for you. So far it's held up fine and I think it protects it ok. Not sure about over time but we will see. I told my local supplier not to throw any inserts away in case I need to replace it :lol:

I've attached a slightly updated pic after I added my FPV last week. Only change is that I had to rotate the battery to accommodate my antenna that currently comes out the back. I just keep my monitor in the box it came in and put it in the top of the bag (it mounts on my controller in about 10 seconds with 1 screw so I don't mind having it separate). I also added some foam wrap at the top and bottom for extra cushion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 2,055
No problem! Hope it works out for you...

Would you tell me how big is that backpack?.. liters? and maybe brand/model? thanks in advance.

I just got this a week ago and boy does it make it a lot easier to toss if the car and go. I just need something simple and safe to hold it. This is perfect and I wasn't going to spend 30% of phantom cost for carry bag/box.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=73614

48.95 with13 shipping and got it in 2 days, let the web page sit untouched for 5 minutes and a popup box will offer it for 44.95

liked it so much I am expecting the second one today for my basic p2v1

Reactions: Beni
I just got this a week ago and boy does it make it a lot easier to toss if the car and go. I just need something simple and safe to hold it. This is perfect and I wasn't going to spend 30% of phantom cost for carry bag/box.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=73614

48.95 with13 shipping and got it in 2 days, let the web page sit untouched for 5 minutes and a popup box will offer it for 44.95

liked it so much I am expecting the second one today for my basic p2v1

indeed, have been thinking of those backpacks too.. if I just stayed in my city, and just walked, drived or cycled I would!... but when traveling.. I need something better.. it should be big enough to get into flights as carry-on, and sturdy if not!.. cause if I have to send it as baggage, oh man!.. :( and I wouldn't mind If I could put my 15" retina macbook pro. :p

indeed, have been thinking of those backpacks too.. if I just stayed in my city, and just walked, drived or cycled I would!... but when traveling.. I need something better.. it should be big enough to get into flights as carry-on, and sturdy if not!.. cause if I have to send it as baggage, oh man!.. :( and I wouldn't mind If I could put my 15" retina macbook pro. :p

it should be no problem carry on size. if using for checked baggage place it it inside a slightly bigger suitcase. its very square ish and would fit inside a nicely

it should be no problem carry on size. if using for checked baggage place it it inside a slightly bigger suitcase. its very square ish and would fit inside a nicely

thanks will check it out at a store when I visit another city that has a rc.hobby store, they may have ;) thanks for the tips :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20