New app for vision and vision+ by kenargo DO NOT BUY THIS

Reaction score
Do NOT buy this app it crashes all the time I have tried it on 4 android devices and one it crashes on motor startup the others it will crash in flight Avery 2 mins plus lot of bugs with camera recording not worth £7 this is still in beta testing BY US the buyers

Re: New app for vision and vision+ by kenargo DO NOT BUY THI

Irepairapples said:
Do NOT buy this app it crashes all the time I have tried it on 4 android devices and one it crashes on motor startup the others it will crash in flight Avery 2 mins plus lot of bugs with camera recording not worth £7 this is still in beta testing BY US the buyers

The app is running successfully, according to Google metrics on 98% of the devices that it is installed on. Android is a very large echo system and with nearly 4000 different devices there are bound to be devices that an Android app has failures; I am very sorry you apparently have those devices..

App crash on motor start is a bug that the DJI app had until the most recent release and is a bug in their SDK that has not yet ben fixed. The other crash is in the video library of DJI and there is nothing that can be done with either issue that I have found to be able to get around the DJI issues.

I am certainly sorry that you feel so ill against this app that you must call it out so strongly and am hopeful that once I get an update from DJI that the app will become as stable as you expect.

Irepairapples said:

If you have not already requested a refund through Google, they give a 2 hour window. Please PM me and I will refund your purchase.

Irepairapples said:
What the hell? Is this how to go about resolving the issue?

You haven't said anything about contacting kenargo for a resolution and you haven't mentioned which devices you've tried it on.

I've been meaning to buy the app but I'm going to do it before a flight so I can make use of the 2 hour refund window if needed. To be honest, if I saw enough potential in the app then I'd keep it despite any crashes.

Only if you bought the app, found it lacking and/or crashing, contacted the developer and got stiffed from them, only *then* would it be appropriate to post a "DO NOT BUY THIS" warning.

kenargo said:
Irepairapples said:

If you have not already requested a refund through Google, they give a 2 hour window. Please PM me and I will refund your purchase.
Now don't you just feel silly Irepairapples??

Non of us that support the developers like Ken worry about being ripped off.
On my device the app is so close to working perfect other than a couple small issues that are more of an annoyance than functional problems, I'd highly recommend the app and supporting the developers hard work. Jmho. [emoji6]

Beta online but no Follow-me, GS or other new features but something VERY import even still.

DJI a few hours ago (Today it DJI's Monday) released an updated SDK for Android. It is said to "fix bugs and Android 5 issues".

It's night here so I won't be able to fly but a quick check looks good but rather than post it out to the world I wanted to have some flights on it and post in a couple of days if reports are good.

If you would like to try this out you should be able to access the link within a few hours; it was just posted. The link will be:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... mateflight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers