New Antennas - bird and pilot

Reaction score
So I'm going to upgrade the antennas on everything.

Transmitter
Wifi range extender
Bird - both

Just looking for a little extra range. Not looking to spend a ton. Basically looking to do the FPVLR stage 3 upgrade just cheaper.

Anyone have advice or links to birdside antenna mods?

Really looking for antenna advise. I'm confused with all the different types out there.

Look at the top of the page in P2V mods and here http://www.phantompilots.com/forums/antenna-mods.54/ and you will find all you need there . Then what ya don't understand just ask .
As far as advise all I can tell ya is I started with the rubber ducky antennas and as I read more in here I just went to the FPVLR ones . I spent as much on the other ones experimenting as I did for the stage 3 set up I have now .
Depending on just how far ya want to go maybe just getting the RE700 will make ya happy .
Stage 3 with me I can get 8000' + and back but that's all I do is go out and come back .
I do know with that I can get out 3 or 4 thousand feet and have all the control and FPV I need . I would read in those links good before just jumping on anything .;)

Look at the top of the page in P2V mods and here http://www.phantompilots.com/forums/antenna-mods.54/ and you will find all you need there . Then what ya don't understand just ask .
As far as advise all I can tell ya is I started with the rubber ducky antennas and as I read more in here I just went to the FPVLR ones . I spent as much on the other ones experimenting as I did for the stage 3 set up I have now .
Depending on just how far ya want to go maybe just getting the RE700 will make ya happy .
Stage 3 with me I can get 8000' + and back but that's all I do is go out and come back .
I do know with that I can get out 3 or 4 thousand feet and have all the control and FPV I need . I would read in those links good before just jumping on anything .;)

i agree, once i got my RE700 i was getting 2x my range. i used to only get 5-600 feet now i get around 1100. but I'm getting greedy now i went to the beach but i wasn't impressed. i was getting around the same video range but it was much smoother since no obstacles and no wifis.

do you think the stage 2 pilot side is worth the upgrade? its cheap and easy to install. how much range would that get me? both fpv and control

Was just trying to find a screen shot to show ya but I got so many but ya it's worth it if ya want to get on out there . I know on good days I could get between 5 to 6 thousand feet out but ya have to be going sideways as the antennas in bird are on the sides of camera .
Now with those ya can go out JIMO and have full everything around 3 to 4000' if ya in the right place . Ya have to take a bunch of things into consideration when doing it though if that makes any sense !

Was just trying to find a screen shot to show ya but I got so many but ya it's worth it if ya want to get on out there . I know on good days I could get between 5 to 6 thousand feet out but ya have to be going sideways as the antennas in bird are on the sides of camera .
Now with those ya can go out JIMO and have full everything around 3 to 4000' if ya in the right place . Ya have to take a bunch of things into consideration when doing it though if that makes any sense !

yeah I hear the stage 2 only works when aiming the controller at the phantom. I think I might give it a shot for stage 2 for now but I really want to be able to turn any direction when flying far away.

if I do lose video connection at lets say 5thousand but still have control do you think home lock will still work so I can just fly the bird closer to me? I heard home lock doesn't work when you are far away/

sorry to hear about totaling ur drone man!

yeah I hear the stage 2 only works when aiming the controller at the phantom. I think I might give it a shot for stage 2 for now but I really want to be able to turn any direction when flying far away.

if I do lose video connection at lets say 5thousand but still have control do you think home lock will still work so I can just fly the bird closer to me? I heard home lock doesn't work when you are far away/

sorry to hear about totaling ur drone man!
Thanks . Yea as far as it coming back that's how I do it with HL till I get FPV back and then do what ever .
Having proper aim is everything with any of the antennas ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj