New Antenna test, New Record For Me (1.7miles)

Reaction score
I ordered a few wires and some antennas to test out and I got one antenna in the mail today. I gave it a shot for a distance test to reach my 10000ft goal and was able to get 1.7 miles (9066ft). Below are pictures of my setup and the flight video.

I originally had the DBS Mod installed and got 1.2 miles.

The setup for this flight is with the 5.8ghz 14dbi Aerial Panel Antenna.

20151106_142517.jpg

As you can see in the next picture, I left the other two wires on the Itelite antenna for the video feed (I think that's what it's for lol). But I never lost visual during the entire flight.

20151106_142539.jpg

I have shorter and more insulated wires on the way to install on the inside and outside in hopes for longer range along with a few more antennas to try out. Now for the flight video. Enjoy!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dirkclod
Good job..ya almost made it .
Yes those are 2.4 for you FPV .
That's what I thought. By the way, thanks for the links to those wires. I forgot to mention you as the Quad God that answered my flight prayers lol :) Those wires are on the way. I also have two 2.4ghz 16dbi stick antennas on the way to test out for video if I ever get farther but I like this setup already. I'm amazed at how such little work can make a huge difference.

Reactions: dirkclod
LOL . Not no quad god bro and learned all I do know from these guys in here :)
Almost ;)
One flight you might go farther and the next shorter . There's always something different .

Reactions: Clampit
One flight you might go farther and the next shorter . There's always something different .

I agree.. The only way to compare is a back to back test..

OP, did you lose signal or trigger RTH on the 1.2 miles flight?

I agree.. The only way to compare is a back to back test..

OP, did you lose signal or trigger RTH on the 1.2 miles flight?
With the Itelite alone I got 1.2 miles, fought the weak signal for the last 1000 feet and RTH initiated at first signal drop. With the new antenna for 1.7 miles, I fought the weak signal for the last 2000ft but the antenna was more forgiving and I was able to regain signal several times. Signal dropped 4-5 times before RTH initiated

If you mean which one more forgiving then the 5.8. I didn't have to point as accurately as the Itelite for RC signal. The video seems to work fine as long as I'm pointing in the general direction.

No I was asking what you were losing 5.8 or 2.4 . If you had FPV than you were losing 5.8 .
Oh yea. The 5.8 would get weak several times but would come back with just a hair adjustment. Signal dropped a few times but no RTH until it stayed dropped. Whereas the Itelite only without the new antenna would drop 5.8 and RTH right away.

Oh yea. The 5.8 would get weak several times but would come back with just a hair adjustment. Signal dropped a few times but no RTH until it stayed dropped. Whereas the Itelite only without the new antenna would drop 5.8 and RTH right away.

With my Itelite panel, I seem to loose FPV signal before RC every time.. Could be due to the 2.4 usage being extremely high in my area..

Same with mine TG . Started slipping at 7500" and lost it at 8818'
I haven't tried this with the standard yet but with the Vision if you wasn't videoing you had FPV farther .
I have had mine on every time I have done a distance test with mine . Need to try .

I'm not sure about the FPV losing signal. I havn't gotten that yet. Even at 9000ft, But I was out in the middle of nowhere and flying over fields.

I'm not sure about the FPV losing signal. I havn't gotten that yet. Even at 9000ft, But I was out in the middle of nowhere and flying over fields.
Well when ya screen goes blank you will know it bro :) I watch the bars

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers