New Accessory for my P3P

I finally got the right item today. Came with some adhesive (just common dime sized round pads I have to cut into pieces :rolleyes:), and a few rubber bands.
They look to be of decent quality as 3D printed parts go. I will fit them this weekend and let you guys know what I think.

girl crying 1.jpg
..Mine still not here :(

So, what's your assessment, after having tried them?
Are you still using them?
They are, well, cheesy. You have to stick them on with tape, then you can't take the rubber bands on & off unless you unstick them. I suppose some may like them but I found it about as easy to unscrew the left stick a bit to give better control.
I ended up going with @J Dot 's super cool yaw switch like my other Phantom has. I just installed it in the P3S controller just this week.

IMG_1784.jpg

Reactions: J Dot
They are, well, cheesy. You have to stick them on with tape, then you can't take the rubber bands on & off unless you unstick them. I suppose some may like them but I found it about as easy to unscrew the left stick a bit to give better control.
I ended up going with @J Dot 's super cool yaw switch like my other Phantom has. I just installed it in the P3S controller just this week.

View attachment 37493
Thanks for the candid feedback. I use the aftermarket rubber thumb caps on each of my controllers, which effectively lengthens them, and then adjusted the yaw sensitivity, in the DJI GO settings, to be very slow to react to small movements, but still completely responsive at the extremes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the candid feedback. I use the aftermarket rubber thumb caps on each of my controllers, which effectively lengthens them, and then adjusted the yaw sensitivity, in the DJI GO settings, to be very slow to react to small movements, but still completely resonsive at the extremes.
Thats the beautiful part about the yaw switch, you flick it on when you want it, and flick it off when you want normal flying control. :)

Thats the beautiful part about the yaw switch, you flick it on when you want it, and flick it off when you want normal flying control. :)
If I was more technically inclined and comfortable with opening the transmitter myself, I'd have chosen that option, too. It would certainly be better.

The hardest part is finding a location for the switch & drilling the hole. Four screws, and the rest is plug & play, three plugs as I recall. Super easy.

Use the DJI Go app to adjust the rudder's (yaw's) exponential on the stick, for less sensitivity at center, and for more at the extreme movements (flatten out the horizontal line at the center of the stick graph).
That will allow you to make much finer/slower yaw movements around center stick with increasing yaw movement as you move the yaw stick farther to the left/right.
You are basically swapping less sensitivity at center stick for progressively more stick control as you move the sticks farther, in an exponentially (non-linear) manner.
The DJI version of expo is not as cool as what you would find in something like a Futaba radio, but it's much better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. ;)

BTW: This is 'not' the gain control in the app.
You can also adjust the gain to increase or decrease the feel of the stick, but in a linear (non-exponential) way.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Use the DJI Go app to adjust the rudder's (yaw's) exponential on the stick, for less sensitivity at center, and for more at the extreme movements (flatten out the horizontal line at the center of the stick graph).
That will allow you to make much finer/slower yaw movements around center stick with increasing yaw movement as you move the yaw stick farther to the left/right.
You are basically swapping less sensitivity at center stick for progressively more stick control as you move the sticks farther, in an exponentially (non-linear) manner.
The DJI version of expo is not as cool as what you would find in something like a Futaba radio, but it's much better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. ;)

BTW: This is 'not' the gain control in the app.
You can also adjust the gain to increase or decrease the feel of the stick, but in a linear (non-exponential) way.
Well put. Thanks for clarifying what I was trying to say above. It's definitely keeping me from ripping frames, as I was while previously yawing at the default settings!

Reactions: Flyer91
The hardest part is finding a location for the switch & drilling the hole. Four screws, and the rest is plug & play, three plugs as I recall. Super easy.
Currently, I can't even remove the FPVLR mounting bracket from my new modded transmitter, to get at the control board, to install an HDMI control board. Apparently, the early versions of the mounting plate were too loose, so the newer versions wrap around the metal bar so tightly they won't come off. My next choice will be to cut it off, and replace the mounting plate with a new one.

Just need to warm it up with some hot air using a blow drier and it comes right off
Thanks for the tip! Just need to avoid frying the amps and the transmitter in the process, and avoid warping it so badly it won't go back on properly.

Just the groove needs to be warmed up, if you have a small tip on your blow drier or you can direct the flow with a paper cone than it's better, just need to work the groove
Thank you! I'll give it a go!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers