New 5.8GHz Remote Control (left dial, built-in Lipo battery)

Reaction score
There is a new radio for the Phantom Vision 2+ that has a dial on the left top corner to control camera attitude.

https://store.dji.com/product/5-8g-radi ... oller-npvt

Has anybody tried this new radio? Any idea how to pair this new radio to the Phantom Vision 2+?

I'm thinking of ordering one - DJI will ship it directly to my place in Arizona (where I usually fly my Phantom).

Re: New 5.8GHz Remote Control (left dial, built-in Lipo batt

I bought one...haven't broken the code yet on how to get the thing to work.

I just got an email from DJI customer support about how to pair the new radio. Here are the instructions: (let me know how it works)

yes we can do for sure
to pair very easy, just press a small button under neath the Phantom, that is actually receiver
(pick your phantom up , at one side you will see the small hole,. use pencil to press it, the light started to flash yellow). turn on new radio, done

Thanks
Nabil

FPFTraining said:
I bought one...haven't broken the code yet on how to get the thing to work.

Do this: (Posted by user Mopar Bob - MANY thanks to him):

Problem Solved: Let me Explain. I received my new RC yesterday and proceeded to follow the instructions on setting it up that are in this forum in many places. I ended up with a totally screwed up tilt mechanism just like it has been described in this post. I then proceeded to pull the pieces together that others say they had success with. This is what I did and now everything works perfectly. Even the gimbal tilt speed works as hoped. That is, the more you rotate it the faster the tilt happens. So you can now not only control the tilt from the RC but you can control the speed at which it tilts. This is great **** and worth the $100 for the new RC. Anyway, here is a recap:

1. Un-install the current version of the RC Assistant and then re-install it from the DJI website. I don't know why, but this is key to getting it to work. My guess is that DJI made some additional changes to the 1.1 version with out telling anyone. That said, it seems like a critical step.

2. Bind the new RC to the Phantom. Follow the steps in the Phantom Manual version 1.6. Its simple and I think different from what others have displayed on YouTube.

3. Turn on the RC and plug it into the PC. Open up the recently installed RC Assistant and do the calibration on the sticks as noted in the Assistant but DO NOT press FINISH yet. Now the next step is critical. Even though the RC Assistant says not to do the calibration on the X1 (the Tilt Control Wheel), you have to do it. Select the X1 wheel and rotate it several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Now press Finish.

4. Disconnect the RC from the PC and turn off the RC Assistant.

5. Turn on the Phantom, and then connect to PC. Start up the Phantom Assistant. It should be the latest version 3.6.

6. Make sure you select the correct RC option. In our case it should be the "Upgrade" version.

7. Repeat the calibration process for the left/right sticks and press Finish.

8.Then select the Calibration START button under the X1 control, rotate the tilt wheel several times in both directions then let it come to rest in the neutral position. Then press Finish.

9. Power down the Phantom, shutdown the Assistant. disconnect the PC from the Phantom.

10, Restart the Phantom and it should be golden.

I hope I didn't leave anything out, but these are the steps that worked for me. On another note (bitching time). I have developed computer software for over 35 years. One thing you never ever do, is release any changes to the software without identifying it as a new release number. Even when the software is in the various stages of testing. Yet, it appears DJI has done this in the past and continues to do so now. They ought to fire the stupid *** that is managing their software program......end of rant.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29063&hilit=mopar&start=40#p267422

OK. Cycled through all of that and...no joy. The camera still points down unless I spin the wheel, and then will point down again when I return the wheel to neutral position. I'm going to hit the procedures you outlined again.

Thanks for all the help! This board is awesome!

OK...I've tried that approach three times with no luck.

Is this an Inspire 1 marketing drive :lol:

Make sure you follow step 1. Just do it even if you have the latest software already.
Make sure you updated all firmware.
Make sure you follow step 3.

Multiple deletes and reinstalls. Firmware updated. Painstaking step by step by step instructions. No. Joy.

FPFTraining said:
Multiple deletes and reinstalls. Firmware updated. Painstaking step by step by step instructions. No. Joy.

Try calling DJI Canada Customer support at +1 (866)-785-3099 Ext. 3. You can also consider talking to DJI's LA office at: +1 (818) 235 0789.

Nabil at multirotorheli is also very good. He's an Electrical Engineer that gave up his job to star the multirotor heli business. You can probably contact him through his support section on his website.

FPFTraining said:
OK. Cycled through all of that and...no joy. The camera still points down unless I spin the wheel, and then will point down again when I return the wheel to neutral position. I'm going to hit the procedures you outlined again.

Thanks for all the help! This board is awesome!
Hook the phantom to the computer and update the Zen IMU to 1.0.0.6 this fixed mine

Broke the code! X1 needs to be set to NORM in the Phantom Assistant.

I just received my new RC controller yesterday. When I plugged it in to charge it the first time the main light blinks red, green I'm guessing the colors since I am color blind. I get all the other lights to light up and I get that double beeb when I turn the power on.
Is this normal?

Thanks for all the info on this new controller, I just made the purchase ... This is a great community

Got my new Remote Controller and followed SilentAV8R's steps he posted and they worked like a charm all setup and will do a flying test tomorrow.

Thanks SilentAV8R...

dataway said:
Got my new Remote Controller and followed SilentAV8R's steps he posted and they worked like a charm all setup and will do a flying test tomorrow.

Thanks SilentAV8R...

Glad it worked. But credit where credit is due I simply copied that from a post by Mopar Bob in another thread. It was what worked for me!! You just have to make sure that you rub your belly, pat your head and spin in a circle in the right directions and in the right order!! :D

Interesting: I got the new R/C and tried it out "out of the box". It worked just fine, and the X1 control dial moved the gimbal up and down with no issues....BUT I noticed that when I accidentally bumped the S2 from +1 to 0 (middle) - the power suddenly cut out! I was over tall grass out of paranoia and I kept the drone at only about 2 ft of elevation "just in case".

So I ran through the instructions outlined above.....which did absolutely NOTHING. I did them actually twice, and quite meticulously each time with no luck. It would appear that the Phantom Vision 2+ app on the iPhone "takes over" and does not appear to allow a connection to the X1 (camera elevation) control. NOW, the drone flies just fine, but the Gimbal control on the Remote does not seem to work.

I'm going to call Customer Support about this and I'll update this list with what I find out.

The remote REQUIRES you to bind it to the aircraft. Bind it, hook it up to RC Assistant, calibrate the wheel w/X1 control. Then disconnect, connect the aircraft to Vision Assistant, power on the aircraft, power on the WIFI and the remote, then go to RC on the tabs, recalibrate the sticks and X1, making sure you have UPGRADE VERSION ticked. Those steps will insure everything has been calibrated properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20