New 3D printed parts

Reaction score
I made a mount to attach my Feiyu Tech gimbal to the phantom and also some extensions for the landing skids.

Attachments

• gimbal mount2.jpg
    gimbal mount2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 537
  • gimbal.jpg
    gimbal.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 532
  • extensions1.jpg
    extensions1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 572
Reactions: LamboH
The extensions can be rotated up when not needed and to make it easier to fit the Phantom in my Duratool case.
I need to shorten the screws. I will be adding some foam in the recess in the bottom of each of the extensions for a soft landing.

Attachments

• extensions2.jpg
    extensions2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 473
Nice job! Way cool technology, with a zillion possibilities! Once you had the design, how long did it take you to actually "print" the parts? How long before you could use them after printing? Do they have to "cure" or anything?

DaveTown said:
Nice job! Way cool technology, with a zillion possibilities! Once you had the design, how long did it take you to actually "print" the parts? How long before you could use them after printing? Do they have to "cure" or anything?
I am an engineer with access to solid modeling software. I design the parts and then send them online to Shapeways.com to have them made. They give you an instant quote as soon as the parts are uploaded. They are printed within a few days and shipped. The cost is a bit pricey especially with shipping for low quantity orders but it's worth it to me to get something that is exactly what I want.

Nice job!

Are both of those accessible to the public on shapeways? I'll bet those would both sell well, esp the gimbal mount since the Feiyu is getting more popular.

OI Photography said:
Nice job!

Are both of those accessible to the public on shapeways? I'll bet those would both sell well, esp the gimbal mount since the Feiyu is getting more popular.
Actually, Feiyu has released a new mount just for the Phantom. I had already designed and ordered these parts before the Phantom mount was announced. I have since placed an order for the new mount since it is shorter overall, eliminating the need for the extensions on the landing skids. In the meantime, I will use these.
I would probably tweak both part designs before offering them to others. There were some areas which did not print perfectly and needed slight modifications after I received them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav