New 1.1.7 Lightbridge Firmware DISTANCE PROBLEMS.

Reaction score
Took my Phantom out for a flight got out to 500m then came in updated everything to new 1.1.7 and now i can only get 100m tops out then video signal just shits the bed. still have full RC but Video signal in realtime is **** at 100m and in smooth mode it seemed even worse???????? Why do I upgrade so fast lol I saw the HDMI fixes for monitors in the update and was excited now not so much...

Anyone else getting Distance issues.

(all is updated correctly and worked) no bad cables or anything like that flew better before update then 20 min later it sucks at distance..

sar104 said:
Does the OSD signal strength indicate a poor video link? And have you checked the antenna signal diagnostics?

No the OSD said good signal. signal strength diagnostics was in red and yellow(cant remember # level though) all the time, but signal strength on osd said 80/80 most of time. video just dropped out badly. and went to grey digital static so i coudnt even see video, App also crashed 2 times this time, Never actually had it drop out in mid flight.
I usually can get 500 M never the 1.7km lol but this was 100m max. and that was pushing it with no video most 80m-100m
Realtime video worked best for that 100m
Smooth was terrible, couldnt use it.

( I use the Galaxy tab pro 10.1, and has worked flawless from start.)
all firmware is at correct levels (I double checked)
Nothing on P2 changed between update (but Update)
App is newest

Wow I hope this isn't due to going from 32 channels to 10.
Haven't updated mine yet

I have the same issue, good connection, decent distance with flying but not with video signal, video quality is very poor, drops out all the time on the HDMI out to a HDTV, somewhat better feeding Samsung tab, but that still drops out too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1