New 1.1.1 owner. Woo hoo!

KMW

Reaction score
Howdy!

After much research and looking, I finally pulled the trigger. Actually, WE pulled the trigger. My three sons, 10, 14, and 15, all pitched in money as well, so it is a joint venture. We got a complete used 1.1.1 plus an extra set of props and a set of prop guards from B&H Photo for $356 shipped. It looks like brand new, not a mark or scuff on it.

Today we hooked it up and updated the firmware, and then made a few flights. This thing is incredibly easy to fly! We did a couple bare flights, and then we put out Hero3+ Silver on it, and made a video flight. With the GoPro on it it it flew about 7-8 minutes on the DJI battery. We have no idea how old or what history the battery has, but from what I have read that seems about normal for being loaded with a GoPro?

Plans are to get a couple Multistar 4000 batteries and a set of 9450 Thrust Boosted props. From what I have read on here that combo gives a pretty decent boost in flight time.

Eventually we plan to add FPV through the GoPro as well.

Anyway, we're really looking forward to this new world! We have a lot of experience with Axial SCX10 scale 4x4 trucks, but this is out first aircraft. I'm sure we'll have lots of questions as we get going.

Thanks! Just got in from a final last-moments-of-daylight test flight with the camera on. We timed it and got 6 minutes of lightly aggressive flying before the red light came on. Voltage after landing was 11.4. It's on the charger now, so we'll see what goes back into it. From what I understand, you want to keep your flight time to where you are ending at about 80% of your battery.

This flight we played with the IOC settings, and I think we have that all figured out. We also reassigned the bottom ATTI switch position to be fail-safe. Tried that too, and it came right back, and then we took over control again once it got close. Worked perfectly! this is fun!

Sounds like you're doing very well so far KMW, and congrats on a good buy from B&H.

Hello KMW, welcome to the party. YeeHaw :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers