Never flown before..

Reaction score
New to the forum and drone flying. I will receive a DJI PS3 on Thursday. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm in Wilmington, NC, so hopefully I can provide a few good videos before I destroy it. :D Anyway, I look forward to learning about all things drones and please excuse an occasional dumb question I may have.

Welcome to the forum NC Drone. There are many members here that are willing to help you with what ever questions you may have. Happy Flying!:cool:

Reactions: NC Drone
I havnt bought one yet... Accept my 8 y/o sons
50.00 one
Love it
I want more!
I'm looking to spend 500.00 maybe 6
The Amazon reviews for the DJI
Are so bad!!
I'd like something similar ... But with better customer service and faster turn around when I break it

So what do I buy

I havnt bought one yet... Accept my 8 y/o sons
50.00 one
Love it
I want more!
I'm looking to spend 500.00 maybe 6
Are so bad!!
I'd like something similar ... But with better customer service and faster turn around when I break it

So what do I buy
I'd like it to go about 5 miles away ...

I'd like it to go about 5 miles away ...
you arent going to get something for $500 or $600 that can go 5 miles away. You would need a range and battery mod, and if you dont want to do DJI, dont expect anything like that. There may be something else, but it will probably be at least a few thousand dollars.

Are so bad!!

So what do I buy
Because many people only review it if they dont like it. I would suggest a P3s but dont expect to go even a mile away.

Yeah I've checked them out for my county. I happen to have a cellular tower about a half mile away. Do you think that will affect signal?
possible. Dont fly towards it to be safe. Also, I wouldnt fly more than 300m away to be safe, but you might be more brave than me.

Will be in your area Wednesday - sent you a PM.
Suggest you use the waiting time to view all the training videos and actually read the manual (available online). Once your unit arrives you might be too impatient!

Start in an open field away from any crowds - if there are any kids in the area they will flock to you like as if you were the ice cream man! The Phantoms are easy to fly but it also easy to get over-confident and do something dumb!

Good luck!

Will be in your area Wednesday - sent you a PM.
Suggest you use the waiting time to view all the training videos and actually read the manual (available online). Once your unit arrives you might be too impatient!

Start in an open field away from any crowds - if there are any kids in the area they will flock to you like as if you were the ice cream man! The Phantoms are easy to fly but it also easy to get over-confident and do something dumb!

Good luck!
This sounds like a great opportunity to learn. I sent you a pm Tom. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20