Nervous

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently awaiting the delivery of my P3pro.
Brand new to all this and don't even know which app is the best to use.
I work at Hardwick Parks in Oxfordshire if anyone is in the area please call in for a chat ( actually so I can pick your brains )
Anyway hello to all and hopefully I will contribute to the forum.
Btw I have ordered the bundle from drones for less.
[emoji930][emoji184][emoji930]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all,
I am currently awaiting the delivery of my P3pro.
Brand new to all this and don't even know which app is the best to use.
Welcome aboard
The P3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
It takes about 5 minutes to learn - but a lot of practice and experience to become proficient.

But for learning, the critical thing is to practise in a large clear open area, well away from trees and buildings.
Flying close to obstacles is by far, the largest killer of Phantoms.
Obstacles are the number one enemy of quadcopters.

Hi Quartz.

I am a relative beginner though I have to say that if you have experience with a smaller quadcopter, even just an indoor one, I imagine a P3P will be a breeze. If you don't have one I reccomend it so that you can have faith in your flying if your GPS etc go down.

I wouldn't worry about any apps for the time being apart from DJI go. Once you understand how to fly in general and using the app then you will have more confidence to move onto something different. This is my approach anyway... I'd love to move onto the likes of litchi for its autonomation and route following, but at the moment I am able to do panoramas, little planets and other experiments easily enough without.

My nervousness is flying responsibly. I'm rigid about the rules (so some of the alternative app features which relate to flying out of sight are uneccesary for me) and so flying sites are important to me. If flying at work is possible for you then all should be good.

Just down the A420 from you.

Chris

Thanks for replying guys.
P3 not arrived yet, I will practice a lot for sure.

Hey Quartz, I am in a similar position. Ended up doing more research and have still not had my drone delivered. Excited and nervous at the same time. I'm in Northampton, maybe we will catch up at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

OMG, big failure,
My pro arrived and I was like kid in a toy shop at Christmas.
However all this "fly from the box" is hard to believe.
First thing the manual says is charge the batteries, copter. Battery took 1 hour, controller battery took overnight. Never mind, batteries charged and on to the next step. Upgrade the firmware.
I have downloaded the latest version from DJI but win zip will not open a "bin file" nor will 7zip. Job stopped.
I have now had the kit for 2 days and not even put the rotors on.
HELP ME PLEASE.

Hi,

It might be worth posting in the P3 or general discussions area to get a wider response.

I don't know if this is the best way, or is possible with a P3 and/or your tablet/phone but I have installed all of my firmware using the DJI go app. Basically, if I turn my controller, DJI go app and phantom on, it'll tell me if I need to install firmware. Then, connected to Wi-Fi I let it download the firmware up date and follow the instructions. It tells me when to plug the OTG adapter into the phantom body, and my phone tablet into that using my normal cable usb/lightning cable. I am then able to install the firmware. Once this is complete, I switch off. install my other batteries and with the phone still plugged into the phantom, switch it on. The DJI go app then gives me the opportunity to update the batteries firmware. Again I don't know if the batteries on a P3 need this.

In any case - I hope this provides a start point if you are struggling and gets you flying sooner.

Chris

BTW - there seems to be lots of discussion on various threads about the merit of upgrading or not - so you may prefer to stay on whichever firmware you are on already.

Thanks Chris, I will give it a try

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj